jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Review: Yves Rocher Skin Care

At the beginning of May I received a couple of products from French beauty brand Yves Rocher. The timing couldn’t have been better as I had just been thinking about how I needed to improve my skin care routine as I approach the big 3-0.

I had never heard of Yves Rocher before, so I was quite intrigued to try the products. The first thing I did was check to make sure that the brand did not conduct any animal testing. The brand is proud of its use of botanicals and its control of every aspect of its operations, most of which are performed in the same place the brand was born, Brittany in France.

Photo 28-04-2012 17 37 44

I received the Serum Vegetal On Target Filler Eye Wrinkle Solution and the Elixir 7.9 Youth Intensifier.

I haven’t used an eye cream for far too long and the Serum Vegetal was a lovely change. The skin around your eyes is more delicate than the rest of your face and therefore a lighter lotion specifically for the eyes is better than just slapping on your usual face cream.

Untitled1

The serum is designed to ‘fill’ wrinkles such as crows feet etc, but luckily I don’t have too many of those! The serum had a really good texture that was easily absorbed and a very light scent. I can’t say that I’ve noticed any improvement in the few lines I have, but after only just over a month of use I wouldn’t have expected to see a big difference. It has definitely improved the skin tone around my eyes though, whether its down to the serum or not, I’ve been finding that I don’t need to use as much concealer as I used to and the skin appears smoother. I have been using it twice a day for the last month and a half and still have plenty of product left.

I was really happy to have the Elixir 7.9 to try out – I loved the sound of what the product was promising to achieve – an intensive boost to your usual moisturiser, improving skin tone, firming the skin and smoothing wrinkles.

Elixir 7.9 Youth IntensifierElixir 7.9 Youth Intensifier

It’s suggested that you use a drop of the Elixir smoothed on the skin under your usual moisturiser morning and evening which is how I used it, however I found that I needed more than a couple of drops to lightly cover my face. I wasn’t a fan of the packaging and dispenser for this product. The dropper didn’t work properly so I found that I was having to whack the bottle against my hand to get the product out. I also wasn’t a massive fan of its scent. It wasn’t over powering but it wasn’t particularly pleasant. Those points aside, I actually really liked this. It lasted me for the month of twice daily use and I really did notice a difference. My skin has seemed a lot brighter and generally has a better tone. I did have this strange little patch of uneven skin on one of my cheeks and even that has improved!

Photo 13-06-2012 19 36 09

Here’s a quick snap I took last night make up free! Please ignore my absolute lack of eyebrows ;-) Obviously this photograph is completely untouched, I haven’t even adjusted the light balance or anything. I know its not a very detailed photograph but I do think my skin looks reasonably good. I had just cleansed it with my usual Ultrabland from Lush, used my home made apple cider vinegar toner, applied the serum vegetal for my eyes and then organic extra virgin coconut oil as my moisturiser.

The serum vegetal currently has 50% off and is priced at a very reasonable £9.50 and the Elixir 7.9 also has 50% off and is priced at £17.50. I would consider re purchasing these products, the Elixir is great for a month intense skin boost.

I’m also quite interested to see what other products Yves Rocher has to offer, especially their organic skin care range. They also seem to have an impressive range of sun care products, if I was off on holiday I’d be tempted! The price range for these is also pretty good.

As I get older I’m generally thinking that I need to take a good look at my current skin care routine. I’m quite happy with my skin as it is now but when it comes to ageing, alongside feeding my skin from the inside out with an excellent diet, I do want to be using the right preventative products.

Have you ever came across the Yves Rocher brand or used any of their products before? What did you think? Has your skin routine changed as you’ve grown older?

*I received these products to review with no obligation to post about them. As always, all opinions are my own and I have not been remunerated for this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment