jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Al fresco

What a wonderful weekend it has been! The weather has been gorgeous and I got to spend some time with my fantastic friends and my cousin. I hadn’t seen them in a couple of weeks and it was just so good to spend a few hours with them chatting and catching up. I also enjoyed a lovely walk around Durham with James enjoying the sunshine:

cameraroll-1309682524.289908OOTD: sunglasses: Dorothy Perkins, gold collar necklace: Topshop, denim jacket: New Look, red racer back vest: Miss Selfridge, black floaty wide leg trousers: Topshop, orange bag: Dorothy Perkins, gold sandals: Next, bangles: charity shop and vintage.

Yes that is a Holland and Barrat bag in my hand, gotta love their buy one get one half price sale! I stocked up on my latest addiction – coconut water!

The weekend got off to an awesome start with a super run. I did 9 miles in 1.18 with an average pace of 8.41. I checked my training log on Daily Mile and this my fastest run over the 6 mile distance so far!

A lot of my eats this weekend have featured these:

P1070622

Giant beets, radishes and carrots from my organic veg box. Those beets were almost the size of my head! They came with a mountain of beet greens attached, which upon a quick Google I discovered were quite edible. I put both the beets and greens to good use in a super post run smoothie:

P1070629

This was a corker! I blended some spinach, beet greens, raw beet, frozen cherries, chocolate sun warrior protein powder, tbsp of raw cacao, coconut water, mesquite, barley grass, ice and a couple of drops of stevia for sweetness. I topped the smoothie with some almond butter sauce, cacao nibs and flaked almonds. The raw beets worked perfectly in this and gave it a lovely sweetness.

Other beet featuring meals include this delicious herbed socca wrap with sweet chilli hummus, mixed salad leaves, roast beetroot and steamed broccoli and asparagus:

P1070648

Today I made up a huge jug of super green juice with celery, a whole cucumber, beet greens, radish greens, lemon and ginger:

P1070705

It was amazing! Green juice sunrise ;-) I felt very hardcore drinking this without any added fruit to sweeten it, but it was actually surprisingly sweet and mild.

I also made a tasty salad with spinach, mixed leaves, more roasted beetroot, radish, avocado, mixed seeds and a quick dressing made with blueberry balsamic, hemp oil and Dijon mustard:

P1070682

The rest of the avocado featured in this lovely lunch:

P1070635

Toasted farmers market rye bread with mashed avocado and nutritional yeast, carrots, red pepper and sugar snaps with more avo mash for dipping and two small apples

I’ve also been taking advantage of lots of lovely cheap berries:

P1070664

Huge fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries, nectarine, clemintine and organic red currants topped with soy yoghurt.

This mornings breakfast was enjoyed al fresco:

P1070674

Random combo of strawberries, blueberries and red currants mixed with 1/2 cup of oats, 1 cup of freshly made almond milk, ground flax, peanut flour, treacle granola and a chopped dark chocolate Adora calcium disc plus a cup of coffee sweetened with vanilla stevia. We don’t have a garden as such – just a raised grassed communal area, but I decided to sit out at the back door and enjoy the early morning sunshine. It was blissful :-)

This evenings dinner was a quick and easy, but surprisingly good meal:

P1070709

Moroccan themed chickpea couscous made by combining chickpeas, peas, barley couscous, tomato passata and ground cumin all on top of a big pile of summer lettuce. It took a few minutes to make and tasted fab!

I’ve had a really fun day of pottering about in the kitchen, I’ve experimented and made some Almond Oatmeal Coconut Cookies (some with chocolate chips!) and some beetroot tahini dip / dressing, I’ll be sharing these recipes soon as they are both awesome!

Have you been enjoying the weather where you are? How often do you get to eat outdoors? I think I’ll be trying to make a more regular habit of enjoying the early morning sun at my door whenever we get it! This time next week I’ll be in Brighton and hopefully enjoying even more al fresco dining :-)

Hope you’ve had a great weekend! – don’t forget to enter my giveaway!

0 comments:

Post a Comment