jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Celebrating Twenty Twelve

Happy New Year everyone, lets make 2012 the best one yet!

Hope you all had a great time last night! We decided to make a bit of a day of it with a trip into town for coffee, a movie, lunch and drinks before getting settled at home to see the New Year in.

cameraroll-1325434630.301554 New Years Eve outfit: Parka coat: Miss Selfridge, black quilted bag: Topshop, long beige cardigan (under coat): Zara, metallic shift dress: Topshop, long gold necklace: Freedom @ Topshop, short gold necklace: Warehouse, black tights: M&S, black flat ankle boots: New Look

I really wanted to wear my metallic dress for New Years so dressed it down for the day with the parka coat and flat boots. Yes, that is another Urban Outfitters bag in the background, I went an bought myself another mug on sale to use at work!

cameraroll-1325415793.979266 I’ve had this twice over the last couple of days its so good! Vanilla Cookie Green Smoothie containing spinach, cookies and cream spirutein powder, vanilla stevia, ice, pomegranate juice topped with roast salted almonds, raisins and tahini

We went to see Sherlock Holmes at the Tyneside Cinema and it was awesome! Afterwards we went for a Chinese meal and I filled up on the usual spicy cucumber pickle, mapo tofu, crispy fried greens and fruit before we went for drinks. After calling in to see friends and family we came home and got settled in to see in the New Year.

cameraroll-1325415777.033902 Snack tray with falafel, veggies, olives, hummus and crackers

cameraroll-1325415779.924748 Dessert snack plate with dark chocolate reindeer, dates, dried apricots, mixed nuts and roast soya beans plus maple almond butter and tahini with honey for dipping

cameraroll-1325415782.734279 Lots and lots of red wine! I also had some strawberry pear cider and the last of my amaretto with pomegranate juice

I also ate a lot more chocolate! This morning I wasn’t feeling hung over but was feeling well and truly ready to get back to eating simpler healthier foods. I had been hoping to go out for a run but the weather was awful so I did some light yoga instead. A bit later I made a lovely bowl of oats for a late breakfast.

cameraroll-1325415785.594402 Super berry porridge made with 1/2 cup oats, water, thyme honey, berries powder, fresh blackberries, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs and almond butter

I had been planning on making a puff pastry tart for New Year’s Day lunch but the thought of pastry made me want to hurl! I ended up making a beautiful salad instead plus a tasty dessert:

cameraroll-1325434619.416432 Butternut and lentil salad (based on this recipe) with chopped dried apricots, parsley and an orange cumin dressing

cameraroll-1325434625.198305 Raw orange chocolate brownie balls based on my raw vegan brownie bites recipe but with orange zest added

cameraroll-1325434633.402878 New Years Day Outfit: faux fur scarf: New Look, gold swallow earrings: Topshop, chunky cardigan: Topshop, skinny tan leather belt: Topshop, silk floral dress: French Connection, black leggings: H&M, tan leather boots: New Look, tan cross body bag: Mango

We’ve just come home from New Year’s Day lunch at my Mam and Dad’s which we also enjoyed with my Sister, Brother in Law and two adorable nephews. I’m looking forward to spending the rest of New Years Day relaxing in my pj’s drinking tea!

I was definitely happy to start eating less rich foods from this morning too, I have enjoyed some tremendous eats in December but now simple and clean meals are calling my name, I’ll blog a bit more on this tomorrow!

How did you celebrate the New Year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment