jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Body Pump and amazing hash

As per my new training plan Tuesday morning began with a very early yoga session. I did the Yoga for Runners podcast which lasts 20 minutes almost as soon as I had woken up. It was great, not so much a workout but just an opportunity to focus and relax my mind before my day started, although it did work up a little sweat!

Breakfast was a bowl of Dorset Cereal low fat flakes with blueberries, chopped apple, almond milk and some almond meal (leftover from making the milk). I also had a mug of yerba mate tea:

P1020291

Lunch was a salad including spinach, romaine, lentils, carrot, cucumber, dried cranberries, spicy pumpkin seeds, cool oil and herbamare seasoning:

P1020316

I also had a bowl of grapes. Mid afternoon I snacked on half a 9 bar before hitting the gym for my first ever Body Pump class! The class was fantastic, I absolutely loved it. I still need to figure out the best combo of weights for each track but I felt like I had an excellent workout. I’m looking forward to next weeks class already!

Dinner was Thai Green Vegetable and Soya Bean Curry with steamed greens, brown, wild and red rice, shoyu, ume vinegar and a sprinkling of mixed seeds:

P1020324

I sometimes forget how much I love Thai Green Curry! I was so chuffed when I found a vegan curry paste – I still have some stashed in the freezer.

Dessert was a little experiment: pumpkin protein pudding! I blended a tin of pumpkin puree with 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder, cinnamon and ginger. I had half topped with grape nuts cereal:

P1020331

This was nice but I wish I hadn’t used my old whey protein powder, it just goes to show how my taste buds have changed as this tasted way too sweet and artificial. Wish I had used Sun Warrior or even my vanilla hemp instead!

This morning I was off to the gym first thing. I did 30 minutes of speed work on the treadmill followed by 30 minutes of HIITs on the step machine, cross trainer and bike followed by my abs and core exercises. I really felt good during this workout, I think that I’m much better doing my cardio focused workouts on a morning when possible. I’m going to see how I can rearrange my days so I can do it more often.

Breakfast was a giant smoothie containing kale, spring greens, 2 nectarines, frozen mixed berries, vanilla hemp protein powder, matcha green tea powder, maca, spirulina, ground flax, 2 large tablespoons of almond meal (leftover from almond milk making), xanthan gum, rice milk and water. I topped it with some viva pure raw apple honey granola and goji berries:

P1020344

I had this bowl plus more – it practically filled the whole blender, it was extremely filling. The granola tasted amazing – love the size of those huge crunchy chunks!

Lunch was some Clearspring miso and ginger brown rice ramen noodles with carrot, cucumber and red pepper plus 2 Clearspring tamari and black sesame rice cakes spread with tahini:

P1020358

This was so good, I am in love with those noodles and the rice cakes with tahini tasted just amazing. I also had some fresh pineapple and blueberries:

P1020368

For the first time in ages I wasn’t hungry for my usual afternoon snack, very weird especially after my workout this morning. I decided to just wait until dinner and make sure it was a big satisfying meal! I really fancied a sweet potato so I made a one pan, hash type dish that turned out to be so good I want to write it out as a recipe so I don’t forget!

Tofu, Sweet Potato, Courgette and Kale Hash (serves 1 hungry person!)

  • Half a standard block of tofu (mine had been frozen then defrosted which gives it a more spongy texture)
  • Tofu marinade: 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce, 1 tsp mirin
  • 1 onion, roughly chopped
  • 1 sweet potato, microwaved for 5 minutes then chopped into 2 cm squares
  • 1 courgette, chopped
  • 1 cup of chopped kale
  • Oil for frying (I used coconut)
  • Seasonings – I used dried oregano, herbamare and shoyu, but you could play around and use what you fancy

Begin by cutting the tofu into strips or squares and marinating in the soy sauce and mirin for at least an hour. Heat some oil in a pan to a medium heat and gently fry the tofu until browned. Set aside. Add more oil to the pan and add the onion and courgette and fry on a medium heat until they are beginning to brown, then add the partially cooked sweet potato followed by the kale. Continue frying until the sweet potato has browned and the kale has wilted down a little. Add the tofu back to the pan along with the seasonings. Serve:

P1020378

Seriously this was amazing. I love how thrown together meals can turn out so good!

Dessert was two chopped apples with Plamils Coffee Chocolate:

P1020391

I’m really feeling the DOMS after yesterdays Body Pump – I can really see why so many of you love it! I’m so glad that I decided to give it ago. What workouts / fitness classes have you not tried yet but would love to give a go? I would love to try a proper Pilates class or a kettlebell class.

Hope your all having a good week, I feel like I’ve never stopped as work has been pretty busy. I’ll be back tomorrow with a review of Crazy, Sexy Diet, have a good one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment