jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Shopping date and tasty bake

Hi everyone! How’s things? I’ve had a fabulous day with my Mam shopping! I went for a simple outfit today:

P1050441 OOTD: Gold necklace: Accessorize, shirt: River Island, belt: Topshop, trousers: Primark, ballet flats: Dorothy Perkins.

I got some great items including these tops from Zara:

0264019430_1_1_3

2520134300_1_1_3 2553799621_1_1_3

I just love Zara, I always find lovely things in there. I also got some random bits and pieces from TKMaxx including some vanilla macadamia flavoured coffee, organic rooibos tea and some pink stackable mixing bowls.

Yesterday I had a busy day sorting things out around the house but managed to fit in a gym workout in line with my monthly plan. I did 1 hour of intervals followed by my abs and core – got my plank up to 2min 15! Today I did Yoga for Runners this morning plus 30 minutes of intervals followed by my body pump class this evening. With being off work I got to the gym early so I decided to squeeze in that extra cardio.

Monday’s breakfast put my latest obsession to good use – a strawberry and peanut butter green smoothie!

P1050371

This contained spinach, frozen strawberries, 2 tbsp of peanut butter (I used one smooth and one crunchy), water and xanthan and guar gums for thickness. I topped it with half a pack of Tropical Crunch we are bear granola and some freeze dried berries.

For this morning breakfast I had a big bowl of porridge made with 1 tbsp of chia seeds, 1/4 cup of oat bran, 1/4 cup of scottish oats, 1 1/2 cups of water, mixed frozen berries, a chopped apple, walnuts and a drizzle of black strap molasses:

P1050430

Monday’s lunch was a big leafy salad with leftover roasted veggies and high protein hummus (watered down to make it like a dressing):

P1050382

Plus a gorgeous persimmon!

P1050388

Today I treated myself to lunch from Marks and Spencer. I got the Super Whole Food Salad Shaker which I love, and ate it on top of a big carrot and beetroot salad bowl:

cameraroll-1304433477.005341

Dinner both evenings has been a new recipe, another random creation of my own:

Cheesy Leek and White Bean Bake with Rye Crumb Topping (makes 2 servings, vegan)

  • 2 large leeks, washed and sliced
  • 1 tin of white beans (I used cannellini)
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 tbsp of sweet white miso (optional but adds creaminess, add a pinch of salt if not using)
  • 4 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
  • Around 1/2 cup of water or soy milk to thin the sauce
  • 1 slice of rye bread

Begin by saut̩ing the leeks in a little oil over a medium heat until tender. Transfer to a baking dish. Pre heat the oven to 200c. Using a food processor or blender process the rye bread into crumbs and set aside. Then add the drained beans, garlic, miso and nutritional yeast to the processor and blend into a creamy sauce Рyou will need to add a little water or non dairy milk to get the right consistency, your looking for a smooth pouring sauce. Pour the cheesy white bean sauce over the leeks then top with the bread crumbs. Bake for 15 Р20 minutes until warmed through and lightly browned on top.

P1050409P1050413

I made mine in two smaller dishes and served with steamed purple sprouting broccoli, asparagus, green beans and spinach. This was fantastic! The cheesy bean sauce was just perfect with the soft sweet leeks and crunchy bread crumbs, this recipe is definitely a keeper! Oh, and if you leave out the water when making the white bean sauce you get an awesome cheesy low fat dip or spread. It would also go really well as a sauce for pasta.

Dessert yesterday was some plain soy yoghurt with two small chopped cox apples and the other half of the bag of we are bear granola:

P1050419

I love apple, yoghurt and granola, yum! I have to admit the soy yoghurt is now growing on me. Tonight I made this gigantic bowl of protein ice cream using 1.5 scoops of nutty berry spiru-tein, crushed ice, water, xanthan and guar gums and agave. I topped it with the last of my raw granola:

P1050445

So amazingly good, I just love all that volume it fills me right up!

I was really happy with how my cheesy leek bake turned out as I don’t often make recipes like this. Do you cook / enjoy these kind of oven baked dishes? I tried to make a pasta bake once and it totally failed so that’s probably why I’ve stayed clear of them. I do love my vegan lentil and swede mash cottage pie though!

Well I’m going to spend the rest of the evening writing up my list of things to take to NYC to make sure I don’t forget anything! Hope you have a great evening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment