jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Tea time

I realised the other day that I post a lot about what I eat but rarely talk about what I drink, apart from the odd coffee. As well as water, each day I drink a lot of tea! Over the last few months I have discovered my favourite selection of teas and I thought it would be nice to share them with you!

Lemon and warm water

source

Not a tea but worth mentioning as I start every single day with a mug of warm water and the juice of half a lemon. I think this ritual goes back to a daft fad detox I did a few years ago but this aspect of it stuck with me. Apparently warm water with lemon is good for your liver and digestion. Its just so refreshing and a great way to start the day!

Green Tea

source

Most days I drink between 3 and 5 mugs of plain green tea. I really like the Clipper organic green tea but most of the time I just get which ever brand is on offer. I just love the stuff! I started drinking it a few years ago and developed a real taste for it. Green tea is a good source of antioxidants and some research has also suggested that it can support the metabolism and weight loss.

Rooibos

source

I only recently got into rooibos tea. I like it occasionally as a change to green tea for its lovely deep flavour. I love the Tick Tock brand shown above – I’m a sucker for interesting packaging!

Yerba Mate

yerba mate teasource

Yerba mate is a herbal tea which contains a small amount of caffeine. Here’s some blurb from the tea pigs website: ‘Yerba Mate (pronounced yerba mah-tey) is native to South America, where it is drunk as a natural stimulant to increase focus and alertness while helping with detoxing and weight loss.’ Its has a bit of a love it or hate it taste which I can only describe as ‘smokey’. Obviously I really like it! I tend to alternate it with coffee as my morning perk me up drink.

Chai and spicy teas:

Pukka Vanilla Chai:

source

I love this caffeine free spicy but mellow tea.

Yogi Green Chai:

source

My favourite green tea but with a hint of chai flavour – delicious!

Yogi Cinnamon:

source

I love cinnamon in anything but as a tea it is just wonderful. I especially like any of these spicy teas as a sweet treat after a meal.

Kukicha Tea

source

Kukicha is a Japanese roasted twig green tea. Here’s some info from the Clearspring website: ‘This mild and soothing tea is from select twigs and stems of the tea bushes harvested late in the season, when the plant's caffeine levels are at their lowest. The twigs are steamed, dried aged to develop their flavour, then roasted and mixed with a small portion of roasted tea leaves. It contains one tenth of the caffeine of normal tea making, which makes it ideal for children and adult alike.’ I just love the flavour of this, its like a cross between regular green tea and yerba mate with a lovely toasted flavour.

Sleepy time Tea

source

I have a cup of this pepperminty tea a couple of hours before bed each night. It contains a lovely mellow mix of herbal teas that taste slightly sweet but are so relaxing.

I also have a ridiculous amount of other teas for whenever something a bit different takes my fancy which I store in tins near the kettle and mugs:

P1040090

This is my tea making area! I love having the time to fill a tea pot up and just relax. Other favourites include various Tea Pigs teas, loose leaf teas from Pumphrey’s in Newcastle (I love my Japanese Cherry Green Tea from there) and flavoured Clipper teas such as their wonderful Orange and Coconut. I’m also interested in trying out some of these Teavana teas after a blog reader recommended them – some of the blends sound amazing!

Are you a tea fan? What are your favourite teas? Have you tried any of the teas above? What’s your favourite brand?

0 comments:

Post a Comment