jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Kendal Calling

Hello everyone, hope your having a great week! I’ve just about recovered from my weekend at the wonderful Kendal Calling Festival. We had such an awesome time, the weather was perfect and I actually really enjoyed the whole camping experience!

IMG_0949

IMG_0912

  OOTD: orange sun glasses: New Look, strapless sun dress: Accessorize, pink scarf: gift, beaded necklaces: various, black leggings: H&M, tan cross body bag: Mango, wellies: Boules

Although the weather was good the grass was a bit damp so I stuck with the wellies, plus it meant that I didn’t get yucky stuff on my feet in the toilets!

The whole festival was just brilliant, we enjoyed drifting around the fields popping into the various tents and stages to enjoy some amazing music:

IMG_1021

The Main stage where we enjoyed Chase and Status, Vintage Trouble (such a great band!), Young Knives, Beardyman and The Charlatans.

Riot Jazz stage:

IMG_0890 IMG_0966

We just enjoyed the complete randomness of the whole place! Loved the big sofas for seating and the beautiful fairy lights!

Kaylied Stage where we discovered two great bands, Molotov Jukebox (the lead singer is ‘Tonks’ from Harry Potter movies!) and The Worm:

IMG_0896 IMG_0960

We also loved wondering around the other little stands and stalls including the Vintage fair tent:

IMG_1023  IMG_0928

I almost bought a top and a bag but had ran out of cash!

Sailor Jerry’s bar:

IMG_0883 IMG_0977 IMG_0909

I had a few Sailor Jerry’s with ginger ale and lime – my new fave tipple!

Of course we also spend a bit of time at the Alpro stand!

IMG_0916

I ate a lot of yoghurt:

IMG_0984

I think I tried every flavour, the cherry and blueberry were certainly my favourite. I also loved the vanilla and chocolate dessert pots. Both myself and James really loved the vanilla yoghurt with granola too, although the portion sizes were tiny…

IMG_0985

So I kept going back for seconds… and thirds :-)

I also enjoyed a lovely back massage and we got our photo taken in the giant alpro bowl:

IMG_0987

We had to shout ‘plant goodness’ hence the dodgy expressions on our face!

Speaking of food, I ate a lot over the weekend, especially as a vegan I was so well catered for!

Chickpea and spinach curry from a Nepalese cafe:

IMG_0878

The most gorgeous peanut curry with veggies, tofu and rice from an Indonesian stand:

IMG_0955

Lovely falafel with salsa, hummus, tahini and salad in a whole grain pitta:

IMG_0970

Last but not least a huge Thali from a vegetarian Indian stand called Ghandi’s Flip Flop:

IMG_1013

This included 3 different vegan curries, 3 pickles, rice and an unpictured poppadom, delish!

I did try and get some fruit and veggies in via fresh juice:

IMG_0935

I loved this ‘multi vit’ combination of carrot, apple, cucumber and orange. My jars of overnight oats worked perfectly as breakfasts too! 

We just can’t wait to go back next year! Of course I have to say a big thank you to the guys at Alpro, all the staff on the stand were such good fun and how they managed to stay so chirpy at 8am I do not know!

IMG_1001

IMG_0972

Here’s to 2012 Kendal Calling!

What / who would be included in your perfect festival? I loved Kendal Calling but my dream festival would include a gypsy style caravan to camp in, all vegan food stands, yoga workshops, raw food cooking classes, photography classes, a vintage clothing fair stand with a personal shopper service, a poetry or literary tent, a sci fi costume theme and to really mix it up on the music front I would have the Foo Fighters, Lady Gaga and Jamie Cullum headlining!

Hope your having a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment