jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Getting creative

If this post at any points starts to drift off into a ramble or complete randomness please forgive me, it is simply the cabin fever that I have developed over the last week of being pretty much stuck indoors. I’m going a bit stir crazy!

Yesterday I decided to walk into town and get the bus to work, it took me several hours and about 4 miles of walking in heavy snowfall but it was worth it just to get out of the house. I picked up some additional work so I could continue to work from home for the rest of the week.

At least I’ve had some tasty eats! Breakfasts:

CIMG8724 Toasted organic sprouted wheat bread with cashew butter and dark cherry fruit sweetened jam, 2 small sliced pears and a sliced pink lady apple, gingerbread coffee.

CIMG8742Dorset Cereal’s Cranberry, Cherry and Almond Muesli with Rachel’s Organic Greek style yoghurt, a grated red gala apple and local honey comb, earl grey tea

This was my first time trying the sprouted wheat bread and Rachel’s yoghurt. I really like the bread, only one ingredient (sprouted wheat) dense, chewy and filling. I picked up the yoghurt as have been trying to stick with organic dairy products when possible and unfortunately my favourite Total Greek isn’t organic, also this was slightly cheaper. I was very impressed with this, it tasted wonderfully creamy and had that perfect greek yoghurt texture.

I’ve been eating my main, heavier meal of the day at lunchtime rather than in the evenings with me being at home:

CIMG8732Shredded brussel sprouts, pearl barley, carrot and smoked sesame almond tofu with toasted seeds and mustard, maple, balsamic dressing.

CIMG8769 More smoked sesame almond tofu with roasted brussel sprouts, swede chips (so gorgeous!) and ketchup

Snackies:

CIMG8736 Rachel’s organic greek yoghurt with luxury fruit and nut mix and honey

CIMG8773 Pumpkin spice cake bar and butterscotch decaf coffee

I’ve also ate lots of fruit – oranges and apples in particular!

Last night I just made myself a mug of miso and ginger soup followed by two frozen chocolate avocado cups and a sliced apple:

CIMG8737

Tonight I had some warming french onion soup with a chopped raw carrot followed by 2 chopped plums and a chopped apple with a tablespoon of granola and oat milk:

CIMG8775

This morning I ventured out to the shops to try and get a big grocery shop in. I have an extreme fear of having an empty fridge, especially running out of fresh veggies! I actually have a bit of a raw veggie craving at the moment, not very appropriate for this weather!

Fitting in workouts has been a bit of a nightmare too. I got quite a good bit of exercise with my walk yesterday but I also did Davina’s Super Fit DVD plus abs for an additional 40 minutes of cardio. Today I did the Super Sculpt section of the DVD with additional upper body work. I also did an hour of Yogalates. My gym doesn’t appear to be open either which is a bummer. I’m going to have to get creative with my workouts me thinks! I actually quite enjoy walking in the snow so a long walk may be in order.

Speaking of being creative, I put up a few little Christmas decorations. We don’t really have the space for a full sized tree anymore so while we wait until we find a small tree I’ve compromised with this:

CIMG8744

CIMG8747CIMG8749

‘Snow’ covered twigs in a vase with jewelled bird decorations and home made baubles (from recycled Christmas cards)

Fairy lights strung over our screen (which hides our little rowing machine, yoga mat, free weights and foam roller)

CIMG8762

Table centre piece – candles with string of gold beads, purple baubles on a red plate. Hopefully I will be able to find some holly and mistletoe sprigs with some cinnamon sticks to replace these, although this still looks very pretty.

CIMG8759

I also bought a lovely Christmas scented candle, a poinsettia (always reminds me of my nana) and gorgeous advent calendar.

CIMG8763

Just enough to add a bit of festive cheer to our living room until we can find a little tree!

I’m just about to head off and pick the hubby up from the train station, just hope my little car makes it! If you have snow how are you managing?

Oh, and if anyone has any ideas or links to challenging cardio workouts I can do at home please do share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment