jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

So many recipes, not enough meals in the day…

Hi everyone, happy weekend! I’m so glad it has finally arrived. Here’s a bit of a catch up on yesterday’s eats:

After doing my usual DVD workout I was extremely excited about making myself a giant chocolate cherry green monster. I really can’t go more than a couple of weeks without one of these in my life they just taste so good! It contained the usual spinach, frozen cherries, chocolate whey, soy milk, matcha green tea powder and maca powder. I topped it with half a bag of we are bear coca cherry pie granola.

CIMG7011

This was to die for, just the most delicious breakfast. I also enjoyed a cup of tea pigs yerba mate tea to give me a morning boost.

Lunch was one of my home made egg white and spelt wraps filled with turkey slices, lettuce, green pepper, cucumber, red onion and sweet chilli sauce. I also had a large chopped carrot and two little plums.

CIMG7019 CIMG7021

The sweet chilli sauce was amazing, I bought my first bottle a few days ago and I think it will be ending up in allsorts of dishes!

Mid afternoon I snacked on some 2% Greek Yoghurt with walnuts and goji berries.

CIMG7016

I had another delightful late night at work so dinner was another quick lazy one: egg and veggie scramble with cheese. I fried up some red onion and red pepper then added some spinach followed by an egg an an egg white. I scrambled it all up then topped with two sliced babybel light.

CIMG7025

Quick, easy and delicious.

Desert was two chopped apples and a big square of the wonderfulness that is Lindt Dark Chocolate with sea salt. I saw these in Sainsbury’s on Wednesday (ok, so I was hunting them down) and bought two more bars to add to already large chocolate stash.

CIMG7029

On to today…

I fancied treating myself to a lazy breakfast so I made up another egg white and spelt wrap with added mixed seeds and filled it with crunchy peanut butter and a sliced apple. I also had a cup of hazelnut and cinnamon coffee.

CIMG7033

Just the perfect breakfast, it kept be full from 7am till 12, not bad going!

Lunch was a salad containing turkey, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, romaine lettuce and a dressing made from two heaped tablespoons of beetroot chutney mixed with some red wine vinegar. I also had a apple, pear and two mini plums.

CIMG7039 CIMG7041

Before hitting the gym I had a Beet It Shot. I did 45 minutes of HITTs on the usual cross trainer, step machine and bike followed by 3 x 15 reps on the chest machine and lat machine and 3 x 20 sit ups on the stability ball.

Today I also got my fruit and vegetable boxes from the food co op. This week I went for the £5 fruit box and the £5 veg box:

CIMG7044 CIMG7043

Still excellent value, I’m so happy that I’m able to take advantage of this scheme. I had lots of fun writing a meal plan to use all this up!

For dinner I wanted to make use of the Butternut squash I got in last weeks box. As the hubby has his mates over on a Friday night I get to make myself a special meal for one (they eat pizza!)

Butternut Squash and Quinoa Risotto (serves 1)

  • 1/2 cup of quinoa, rinsed
  • 1/3 butternut squash cut into small pieces and roasted
  • 1 white onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup of frozen peas
  • 1 handful of baby spinach
  • 1 cup of vegetable stock
  • 1 tablespoon of greek yoghurt (I used 2%)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of nutritional yeast (or parmesan)

Begin by frying off the onion and garlic in a little oil, once softened and transparent add the quinoa. Then add the vegetable stock and bring the pan to the boil. The quinoa will absorb all the stock after about 15 minutes, but don’t let it become too dry, it should go a nice creamy texture. Then add the peas, butternut squash and spinach. Allow the spinach to wilt down into the pan. In a separate bowl mix together the yoghurt and nutritional yeast / cheese. Lower the heat then gently stir the yoghurt into the quinoa. Serve.

CIMG7048

This was bloody gorgeous! Definitely one of my best recipes to date. I’ll be making quinoa risotto all the time now using different veggies. You could double the quantities and make it for two, but I would keep the onion and garlic the same. I just don’t mind eating all that onion!

For desert I made a lovely big bowl of double chocolate protein ice cream with dark chocolate chips.

CIMG7050

I also enjoyed 3 sneaky pieces of deliciousness that I had baked. I can’t blog about the recipe yet as it was a practice batch for a blogger cookie exchange I’m taking part in and I don’t want to spoil the surprise for the lovely Tamzin!

Over the last couple of days I have discovered some fantastic cookery blogs:

Stone Soup: has some wonderful and extremely simple recipes made with only 5 ingredients. They even have a free ecookbook which you can download.

Veggie Num Num: A great vegetarian cookery blog with amazing food photography

All Day I Dream About Food: I’ve found several great low carb simple recipes from this blog

Now all I need is more meals in the day when I can eat them!

This weekend I will be running, shopping, seeing friends, watching movies and baking. Sounds pretty perfect to me! What have you all got planned? Whatever your up to hope you have a great weekend! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment