jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Couscous and cupcakes

Hello! Hope you have had an awesome weekend. I have had an excellent one, I’ve been so busy and have enjoyed so many things :-)

My weekend started as most of them do now days with a run. After last weeks wonderful 13.1 miles I decided to drop my mileage back a bit and do a different, more hilly route. I did 9.2 miles in 1hr23 with an average pace of 9.03. That’s only a second off last weeks pace, and as this route is a lot more hilly I was pretty chuffed. It was a strange run, I had to stop and remove a layer as I was too hot, then I got too cold, I almost tripped over crossing the road and my iShuffle kept flying off, very frustrating!

Today has been a rest day and I feel like I’ve needed it! I’ve enjoyed some blissful time in the kitchen this weekend too. Tasty eats have included this post run green smoothie:

P1060498

This contained red lettuce, frozen banana, two peaches, scoop of fruit-ein powder, maca, mesquite, spirulina, coconut water, xanthan and guar gums. I topped with a sauce made from peanut flour and maple syrup, pomegranate seeds and coconut shreds. So tasty even though the spirulina turned this a horrid colour!

For dinner yesterday I made a Thai Green Tofu and Veggie Curry using up some thai green curry paste I had stored in the freezer. I just stir fried some pressed tofu I’d marinated in mirin and shoyu then set aside while I fried aubergine, yellow pepper and asparagus with the curry paste and some fresh ginger. I then added some reduced fat coconut milk, the tofu and simmered for a while. I served with spinach and brown and wild rice:

P1060516

This was delicious, I loved the aubergine as it absorbed all the curry, yum!

This morning I made a fabulous bowl of Cacao-Coco Berry oatmeal using Carries technique of cooking the oatmeal in 2.5 times the amount of water in the microwave. I added some stevia and coconut extract then poured it over some fresh blueberries and mixed frozen berries and then topped with a big spoonful of Artisana cacao bliss, more berries and toasted coconut:

P1060573

This was one of the best bowls of porridge I have ever had! It was just so delicious and voluminous. The cacao bliss melted in to the oats, yum!

Today we were off to my parents to a family party for my Aunt and Uncle coming up from Brighton and my Nephews 3rd birthday. I made a lovely couscous salad to take with me:

Jewelled Couscous Salad (vegan, serves 2-3 generously, adapted from recipe in Leon: Naturally Fast Food)

  • 1/2 cup of barley couscous
  • 1 tsp of vegetable bouillon
  • 1/2 cup of hot water
  • 1 tin of green lentils, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cucumber, finely chopped
  • Large bunch of parsley, finely chopped
  • Seeds from 1 pomegranate
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (I used my cool oil)

In a large bowl combine the dry couscous with the vegetable bouillon and hot water. Cover and set aside. When the couscous has absorbed the water fluff up the couscous and then add the lentils, red onion, cucumber, parsley and pomegranate seeds. Mix well. In a separate bowl combine the lemon juice, garlic and oil, pour over the salad and mix again. Serve warm or chill in the fridge, will keep nicely for 2 – 3 days:

P1060541

I had this with lots of salad greens, hummus and veggies, so tasty and very filling! I also made some Coconut and Vanilla Cupcakes:

P1060563

These are the Golden Vanilla Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World but subbed with whole wheat flour and natural caster sugar. They turned out perfectly! I made some coconut icing using my own recipe:

P1060556

Coconut Cream Icing (vegan, will ice one large cake or at least 16 small cupcakes generously)

  • 1 pack of firm silken tofu
  • 3 tbsp of agave syrup
  • 3 tbsp of coconut flour
  • 3 tbsp of desiccated coconut
  • 1 tsp arrowroot powder
  • 1 tsp of coconut extract

Add everything to a food processor and blend! Transfer to a bowl and chill in the fridge before icing (I made this the day before and left in the fridge overnight) I had been planning on using my new piping bag but decided to leave that challenge for another day!

P1060569

After icing I dipped these in some toasted coconut for decoration. This icing would also taste great on banana bread or carrot cake, nom! These tasted so good, the cupcakes were light and fluffy and the coconut icing was so moreish!

To use up some greens in the fridge I made a green smoothie for dinner with cos lettuce, spinach, frozen cherries, cocoa powder, soy milk, mesquite, stevia, xanthan and guar gums and topped with cacao nibs, gojis and peanut flour sauce:

P1060600

This was a beast and had to be poured into one of my mixing bowls! Soo good :-)

I have not only one but two OOTD’s this weekend! Last night we went to see one of James favourite guitarists, Aynsley Lister play an acoustic set in a small local venue:

P1060526Floral top: Forever 21, white vest: Topshop, tan leather belt: Topshop, skinny jeans: H&M, sandals: New Look, bag: Mango, bangles: various, gold bird earrings: Accessorize.

I decided to go for a bit of a boho look. The gig was really good, we even got to chat to Aynsley before he went on stage, he was a really nice down to earth guy, love feeling like a groupie!

Today’s OOTD for the tea party:

P1060583Swallow earrings: vintage shop, cream cardy: Zara, floral tea dress: Forever 21, skinny jeans: H&M, ‘pumpkin’ bag: H&M, wedge boots: Florence and Fred@ Tesco

Do you like cupcakes? What’s your favourite cupcake flavour? I had a peanut butter cup one once which was amazing, and I loved the Hummingbird Bakery Red Velvet Cupcakes too! My coconut ones were so easy to make I can see myself enjoying lots more vegan cupcakes in the future!

Have you enjoyed your weekend? I have an extended weekend as I have tomorrow off work to spend with my Mam and Auntie – I’m really looking forward to it. Hope you have a great week ahead :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment