jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Re-vamped bedroom

Thanks for your comments to yesterdays post, thankfully I’ve been a lot less snacky today!

I was back at the gym again this morning for 45 minutes of cardio intervals and abs. As the hubby was resealing the bath I used the gyms showers for the first time. It was useful to see how quickly I could work out / shower / change in case I decide to head straight to work from the gym some time.

I was famished by the time I came home! I made a huge chocolate cherry green monster (frozen cherries, spinach, chocolate whey, soy milk) and topped it with some of my new cacao powder and grape nuts.

CIMG4940 CIMG4943

It hit the spot!

After pottering about putting rooms back together and some final painting I made a lovely lunch - a big salad with spinach, lettuce, cucumber, sugar snap peas, spring onion, beetroot and feta cheese mixed with lemon juice, mint and basil leaves.

CIMG4974

It was wonderful, I love feta, which is a good job as I’ll be eating it for the next three days to use it up before it goes off! I also had a bowl of fresh strawberries and blueberries.

CIMG4979

Mid afternoon I snacked on some fromage frais with pecans and cinnamon.

CIMG5017

For dinner I roasted some red pepper, broccoli and red onion and griddled some courgette (I like courgette crunchy and it tends to turn to mush if I roast it) and topped with a tahini dressing (teaspoon of tahini, crushed garlic clove, teaspoon of olive oil, juice of half a lemon and some water to thin out) plus some chopped mint sprinkled on top.

CIMG5034

Simple but very tasty and healthy!

For desert I microwaved two chopped apples and some frozen raspberries mixed with cinnamon and a little agave then topped with a couple of teaspoons of jumbo oats.

CIMG5042

I’ve read that cinnamon is good for stabilising blood sugar levels and preventing cravings so hopefully I will have a snack free evening!

Home Week - Bedroom

Yey, we are finally finished with the decorating! I was getting pretty sick of the flat being upside down.

Just to give you a bit of background to this – Me and the hubby moved in to our little one bedroom flat 4 years ago. We choose it because it was light and bright, walking distance to town and in a nice neighbourhood. Its a one bedroom flat so we have had to get as creative as possible with space and storage. We are hoping to put it on the market soon, although we know that the housing market is quite frankly on its arse at the moment but we need to move on with our life together and a one bedroom flat isn’t going to allow us to do that.

This week as been about doing a few highly needed touch up jobs, including painting and glossing and also re styling the flat so that everything feels more ‘put together’.

So here are some pics of our newly restyled bedroom:

CIMG4983 CIMG4984 CIMG4986 CIMG4988 CIMG4989 CIMG4990 CIMG4991 CIMG4992 CIMG4993

CIMG4995

What we did: painted the old dark wood stained window sill white to match the double glazed windows, took lamps from living room and added new shades, used old red bed linen with new cushions (light green silk cushion from Tesco, red floral cushion from Next, green textured felt cushion from Home base), made better use of under bed storage for shoes of which I have many ;-), new black coasters (we often drink tea in bed!) added new jewellery box purchased in Brighton, added hooks on the inside of wardrobe doors for hanging necklaces to free up space on bedside table. All other furniture was existing stuff. I’d still like to find or create some nice wall art and a throw for the bed to finish the room off.

Like I said in an earlier post, we can’t afford to replace the green carpet so I’ve tried to work it into the design using the green cushions to pull it together. We also can’t afford to replace the red curtains so we’ve stuck with the red! I think its the best I’ve been able to do with what we have available and I’m really happy with it. We also managed to do this on a budget – the red floral cushion and coasters were bought with a gift card, the two green cushions were £5 each and the new lampshades were also £5 each, everything else was existing stuff, even the gloss paint was 4 years old! – that’s £20 for the whole room. I’m looking forward to relaxing in there with my scented candle later tonight!

Check back tomorrow for pics of another room! Hope your week is going well x

0 comments:

Post a Comment