jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Rediscovering the Tea Pot

Thanks for all your great comments on my last post, you’ve all made me feel much better! It was quite strange getting up this morning and not going out for my run, I really enjoyed having an hour to relax. I’m really looking forward to tomorrows run, I’m not going to put any pressure on achieving any time, I just want to enjoy the run and make the distance.

Last night I was just about to make a cuppa and for some reason I thought I would get out the old tea pot and make a full pot of tea so I could just keep topping myself up during the evening. I got it out again this morning for breakfast and made a big pot of Chai Green tea to accompany my bowl of chopped apple, raspberries and some of my new Mornflake Date, Apple and Fig Muesli (bought for £1 on special offer) with hazelnut and almond rice milk and cinnamon.

CIMG4127
CIMG4132

I really like this muesli, its so tasty! I definitely think the tea pot has earned its place on my kitchen counter now, I just need a retro tea cosy like this one from Etsy:

il_430xN_141422926

Ha ha! Reminds me of my nana! While I was looking at the tea cosy’s I also saw these for take out coffee, how cute!

il_430xN_144089475

I did all my cleaning and tidying then headed into town to have a look in some vintage shops and get some grocery shopping done in the market. Nothing interesting in the one vintage shop that was actually open, but loads of groceries, check out this haul!

CIMG4144

I got all this Fruit and Veg (leek, cabbage, 10 little nectarines, 4 large peaches, 2 punnets of strawberries, 2 punnets of raspberries, 1 punnet of blueberries, bananas, giant cucumber, carrots, beetroot, 3 fuji apples, garden peas, 2 little gems, bag of spinach, 3 peppers, courgette) for just £15! Considering that fruit and vegetables make up the bulk of my diet that’s great value. I also stopped by Holland and Barratt and couldn’t help myself with the tea! I got some Yogi Rose tea and some Qi Green Tea with berries. I also got some dried blueberries and a pack of omega seed sprinkle for breakfasts, soups and salads.

CIMG4146

I stopped by an oriental shop and picked up some goji berries and more green tea (yes, I clearly have a problem!) for £3. Before heading home I stopped by mmm which is a fabulous foodie shop in the market (thanks to blog reader Joolz for telling me about this place!) I scored the last of the local Jesmond Dene blossom honeycomb as well as some wheat germ to try and this Slow Puck snack disc which I had with a cuppa at my parents.
 CIMG4143

I also had to drop by the supermarket to get some milk, eggs, freedom food chicken breasts, Powerade to try on my run tomorrow and other stuff I couldn’t carry from the market. 

CIMG4147

I love having a full cupboard, fridge and freezer!

For lunch I made myself a salad beast. It contained cos lettuce, spinach, cucumber, grated carrot, freshly shelled peas, yellow pepper, beetroot, roasted soya nuts and a goats cheese mini babybel with a dressing made from juice of half a lemon, teaspoon of garlic olive oil and a little dried oregano.

CIMG4149

This was immensely good! I then had some strawberries, raspberries and a chopped apple which I couldn’t resist topping with a thin slither of honey comb.

CIMG4158

So amazing!

This afternoon I made these Apple, Blueberry and Cinnamon Protein Muffins. I based my recipe on this one.
Apple, Blueberry and Cinnamon Protein Muffins (makes 10 small muffins)
  • 1 cup of spelt flour
  • 2 scoops of nutty berry spiru-tein powder (any neutral or vanilla flavour protein powder should work, although I have read that spiru-tein is better in baking).
  • 1/2 cup of chunky apple sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
  • 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 2 tablespoons of dried blueberries
Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Spoon into muffin cases and bake at 180 for 10 – 15 minutes.

CIMG4160 CIMG4162CIMG4165

I used my new silicone muffin cases which worked really well. I tried one of these as an afternoon snack spread with a little almond butter and it was delicious and had a really good texture. I’ve popped these in the freezer to keep, and to stop me eating them all at once!

For dinner I defrosted a portion of my Thai Red Tofu Curry and had it with some brown rice and steamed savoy cabbage with soy and ginger.

CIMG4167

For desert I wanted to use some of my new honeycomb. I’ve never had honeycomb before so I did a little bit of research. The actual structure of honeycomb is made from beeswax which holds the honey in. As it comes like this in its most natural state it has not been treated in any way. Some people believe it has great health benefits, particularly in treating hayfever. I chopped a peach in half and popped it under a hot grill for 5 minutes then served it with some fromage frais, some of the honeycomb and some flaked almonds.

CIMG4173

Heavenly!

Big Budget Challenge Update

This week I have:
  • Made a home made head band for the wedding I attended
  • Put several items on EBay for the first time ever!
  • Did my grocery shopping at Lidl and the market to save money
  • Scored some free 9 Bars to review on the blog
  • Instead of buying magazines I’ve been flicking through some old ones and getting week old copies of Grazia from my Sis
I’m getting there slowly but surely!

How’s everyone’s weekend going? I’ve got another busy day tomorrow with my run and hopefully sorting out my EBay items that have been sold!

I’m going to have to try and keep my hands off that honeycomb, have you ever tried honeycomb before? If so what did you think? I really enjoyed mine tonight, luckily it will keep in the fridge for quite a few months so I can treat myself every so often. I think I might have to treat myself to some full fat greek yoghurt to have with it some time, that will be just delicious!

Well I’m off to make another big pot of tea for this evening, I just need to decide which tea to have now! Hope your all having a good one x

0 comments:

Post a Comment