jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Trying to find a silver lining

Have had a really bad day. Had some very bad news about a family member which I don't really want to go into too much on the blog but its basically been a very stressful and upsetting day! Sorry to be on such a downer but I can't really avoid mentioning it.

Last night after I posted and while the others tucked into their take aways I ended up doing a bit more snacking, but at least it was healthy snacks in the form of an apple, some walnuts and some sweetened coconut slices. Breakfast this morning was a huge Green Monster made up of spinach leaves, a frozen banana, a few frozen blueberries, oats, ground flax, skimmed milk and vanilla rice milk. It was just what I needed!


Instead of my usual work day I had to go to a conference in Newcastle so I thought I'd best be prepared and took some healthy snacks with me. I had an apple and a babybel light in the morning break. Luckily the lunch buffet had plenty of healthy choices so I had two chicken and pepper kebabs, some carrot and cucumber sticks with a little hummus, two spinach and feta breaded nuggets and some strawberries and plums. I didn't manage to snap a pic with my phone as it was in my mouth and gone in no time! Just after I ate that I got a call from my Husband with the bad news and made the decision to come home. He had some stuff to sort out and calls to make then we spent some time talking about it all. I had a cup of green tea and a fudge baby while he had a large glass of rum!


With all the emotion and stress I could feel a binge coming on, but that was when I made the decision to try and use all that emotion and anger I was feeling and try and get something positive out of it. I had been planning on doing a DVD when I got back from the conference anyway but I was no longer in the mood for it. I decided to do what my body felt it needed and went for a short run but instead of just going at a steady pace I added a few sprints as intervals along the way. Those sprints were fueled by pure emotion. When I got home I got my big weights and mat out and did a few exercises including lateral raises, front raises, upward rows, bent over rows, lunges, squats, over head presses, press ups, the plank, full sit ups with weights etc etc. I just did what I felt like. I think I did 10 reps for most movements with more for my abs and I repeated the whole thing twice. I might end up regretting it when by whole body starts aching tomorrow, but for today it was what I needed to do. Afterwards I refueled with a scoop of chocolate whey powder in some vanilla rice milk.


We both started feeling better about things as the day went on. What had happened had been a major shock so I think that was starting to wear off. Before dinner I snacked on a couple of spoonfuls of natural yoghurt whilst having a flick through the new maxitone magazine.


Dinner was a steamed salmon fillet with a mixed salad and a little light mayo


and then I had some more chocolate whey powder in the form of protein and peanut butter pudding by just mixing the whey powder with a little vanilla rice milk and some peanut butter. I got the idea from Susan at The Great Balancing Act although she usually adds sprinkles to make hers look much prettier than mine!


Drinks - water, green tea, peppermint tea, decaf tea

Feel like I've stuffed my face today, and I'm still hungry now! I might end up having another snack before bed but if I do I'm going to try and make it just a piece of fruit or something.

Sorry for the down in the dumps post, I should be back to my normal self tomorrow with any luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment