jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

The most amazing smoothie

Hi folks, have you had a good weekend? I have to say that mine has been pretty awesome!
Today was all about my big long run. I got up fairly early so I could eat a good breakie and let it digest a bit before setting off. I decided to try filling a toasted wholemeal pitta with almond butter, apple slices, raisins and cinnamon.

CIMG4178

Such a tasty breakfast, plus this gave me a good mix of carbs and protein to fuel me up for my run.

As the Great North Run organisers give out Powderade on the big day, they advise you to try this out to check that it works for you. I picked up a couple of bottles during my shop yesterday, so today I diluted half a bottle of this cherry flavour with some water to take out on my run with me.

CIMG4200

Powerade is a still isotonic sports drink which contains electrolytes and glucose to keep you hydrated and give you energy. The ingredients list isn’t very good as its full of artificial sweeteners and other crap. A half bottle serving is 50 calories. I thought this worked quite well, I felt energised and hydrated and the cherry flavour made a nice change to plain water, however I wouldn’t use this if it wasn’t being used in the Great North Run as its just too full of artificial nasties for me.

Anyway, I did my run which was from my home in Durham to my parents just south of the Angel of the North. I covered 9.54 miles in 1.34. I felt really good through the whole run, towards the end I just felt like I was flying! I also had zero knee pain, which after my injury is just amazing. After seeing my times I wished I had pushed myself a little more to improve them:

screen
Still not bad, but way off what I was achieving before my knee injury. For a recovery snack I ate one of my new 9 Bars – the Flax variety.

CIMG4181

This tasted wonderful as always, very similar to the regular 9 Bars but with a slightly finer texture as some of the seeds are smaller. I even gave my Mam a taste and she loved it! I also had a small glass of milk. When my Mam brought me home I immediately hit the fridge and got myself this little carton of Vita Coco as I could feel that I was still a bit dehydrated.

CIMG4183

Lunch was the last of my RAW crackers :-( with some gorgeous spicy lentil dip and lots of carrot and cucumber.

CIMG4186

A little later I decided to make myself a protein smoothie. Now I am going to get excited! This is the best smoothie I have ever made. There are no words to describe good this is!

Laura’s Tutti Fruity Nutty Protein Smoothie in a Bowl
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 cup of frozen mango
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
  • 1 large heaped tablespoon of chunky peanut butter
  • Just enough milk to get it to blend. I used hazelnut and almond rice milk
  • Toppings – maple syrup, grape nuts, cinnamon
Blend all main ingredients together – watch how much milk you use if you want it thick and creamy like ice cream. Spoon into a big bowl and throw on your toppings.

CIMG4196 CIMG4193

Unfortunately these pics don't do it justice. This should have been served in a giant glass sundae bowl with sparklers stuck in it accompanied by a 3 piece band playing a fanfare, its really that good.

This afternoon I sat on the sofa with my laptop drinking Tea Pigs Rooibos Creme Caramel Tea (made in a tea pot of course!) while watching Amelie. Love that movie so much, makes me desperately want to go back to Paris (and eat pastries of course!)

Dinner was a steamed Trout fillet served with Hugh Fearnley – Whittingstalls Leek and Cabbage but made with garlic olive oil rather than butter plus some steamed broccoli.

CIMG4204

Desert was chopped peach, nectarine, raspberries and fromage frais topped with a teaspoon of wheat germ.

CIMG4207

July Review and August Training Plan

Well July has been a bit of a funny month! I started to write this thinking that I hadn’t achieved much, but I’ve just looked back at some old posts and it seems I have -
  • Lost 2 lbs! (At the beginning of the month I was carrying my Majorca holiday weight)
  • Got my running programme back in order after my knee injury. At the beginning of the month I had only ran 3 miles and was in pain all day. Today I’ve ran 9.5 and have no pain!
  • I’ve focused on upper body work this month and I can definitely tell a different in my muscle definition in my arms, shoulders and upper back
I last recorded my measurements at the end of June (before my holiday and weighing a few pounds less) and I’ve increased by an inch on my hips and waist! Not good :-( but at least it gives me a starting point to improve on.

Current stats:
  • Weight 10st 1lb
  • Hips 36 inches
  • Waist 29 1/2 inches
  • Bust 37 1/2 inches
August Training Plan

As the schools are off and the traffic is better I can get into work a bit quicker which makes a morning gym workout an option so I’m ditching the DVD’s for the month! As the Great North Run is only 6 weeks away and my knee is much better I’m going to increase my running too. I’ll be increasing my overall cardio in an attempt to lose a couple of those extra pounds and inches as well as getting in at least two good resistance workouts to maintain and develop muscle.

Monday – morning gym workout – 20 minutes of cardio intervals followed by a 3 x 3 resistance workout focusing on legs and using weights that get really tough on the last 4 reps:

3 x
  • sit ups on stability ball x 20
  • dead lift x 12
  • forward  / backward lunges with medicine ball rotation x 12
3 x
  • squat and press x 12
  • sumo squat to the side with a frontal raise x 20
  • Inner thigh toner machine x 20
3 x
  • the clam x 10 each side
  • leg lifts x 10 each side
  • side plank - 30 seconds each side
Tuesday – evening gym workout – 45 minutes of cardio intervals followed by abs: 3 x 20 full sit ups, 20 bicycle crunches, 20 crunches, 20 side reaches, 10 v ups, 30 second plank hold and 2 x 15 half push ups and 15 tricep dips

Wednesday – evening run – 3 – 4 miles, 20 minutes Yoga for Runners session

Thursday – evening gym workout – 45 minutes of cardio intervals followed by abs: 3 x 20 full sit ups, 20 bicycle crunches, 20 crunches, 20 side reaches, 10 v ups, 30 second plank hold and 2 x 15 half push ups and 15 tricep dips

Friday – morning gym workout – 20 minutes of cardio intervals followed by a 3 x 3 resistance workout focusing on upper body:
3 x
  • Stability ball side crunch x 10 each side
  • upright row x 12
  • row and tricep kick back x 12
3 x
  • lateral raises x 12
  • bicep curl with squat and press x 12
  • chest fly on stability ball x 12
3 x
  • Hyper extension for lower back x 20
  • overhead tricep extensions x 12
  • bent over reverse flye x 12
Saturday – Distance Run – building up from current 9.5 miles to 13 miles!

Sunday – Rest Day

Do you plan your training or do you just go with the flow? What have you achieved in July?

0 comments:

Post a Comment