jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Cherries and Berries

Well I think I may have spoken too soon when I said I thought I was on the mend yesterday. I went out for my run this morning and bearly got down the road before the pain in my knee started! I am not a happy chappy! Before I went out for my run I had a breakfast of toasted rye bread with almond butter and strawberry jam.


I think I managed to run for about 1.5 miles - I decided to just come home and then try and have a really good run next weekend instead. I don't think I realised just how much I've started to enjoy and rely on my runs to make me feel like I'm getting a really effective workout. Instead I decided to walk to the gym and do some steady state cardio on the cross trainer, step machine and bike, all of which don't cause any problems with my knee (thank goodness, if I couldn't work out at all I'd go crazy!) I ended up doing about 1hr 30 mins of cardio between my short run and the gym, I wanted to make sure I was still getting a good calorie burn, as well as keeping my endurance up.

I headed home and made myself a post workout smoothie using a scoop of chocolate whey, a frozen banana and some skimmed milk.


I love how creamy these get!

I then did some catching up on blogs and some research on runners knee treatment strategies. I'm not going to do any running until Saturday, I'm going to continue to ice it, take anti inflamatories and strap it up when possible. I've also ordered a knee support from Amazon that got some good reviews so I can try that. Fingers crossed it works! While chilling with my computer I had a glass of grape, pomegranate and raspberry juice.


I made myself a lovely late lunch of lemon baked chicken breast with hummus and a big salad of spinach, tomato, cucumber and grated carrot with a little balsamic vinigrette.


I followed it with a bowl of cherries. These were half price and I just had to get them, I love fresh cherries and these were wonderfully sweet.

I made a start on my summer confidence challenge by having a long shower, deep conditioning my hair, exfoliating my body, having a mini facial and using my various creams. My skin feels softer already!

Dinner was one of my favourite foods that I haven't had in ages - halloumi cheese! I griddled it in my new pan with some courgette, red pepper and red onion.


So simple, so delicious!

For desert I made a fantastic Tofu Berry Pudding which I had thought up after being inspired by various different recipes I've seen lately.

Tofu Berry Pudding

Frozen blueberries, half a cup
Frozen cherries, half a cup
Frozen mixed berries, half a cup
3 tablespoons of Goji berries soaked in grape, pomegranate and raspberry juice
1 block of mori nu silken tofu
2 tablespoons of agave syrup

Add all ingredients to a blender, including the goji berries and the juice they've been soaking in and blend till smooth.


This is gorge! I love the taste of silken tofu, its creamy but in a different way from milk, just yummy!

Drinks - water, green tea, decaf tea

Can't believe the bank holiday weekend is nearly over, its gone so fast! Hope you have all had fun whatever you've been up to.

I have a pretty busy week ahead, I have two late nights at work. At least its a short week! I'm just hoping that my knee will be better by next weekend, I'm itching to get out on a long run! Hope you all have a good evening, catch you tomorrow x

0 comments:

Post a Comment