jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

April Training Plan Review and Training Plan for May

Heres what I have achieved this month while doing my April Training Plan -
  • Signed up for my first ever half marathon! (Great North Run, September 2010)
  • Increased my longest distance ran from just under 4 miles to 9 miles
  • Increased my fastest mile time from 9.32 to 9.03
  • Increased the time I can hold a plank from 30 seconds to 1 min 10 seconds
  • Lost 1lb
  • Increased my top speed on the treadmill from 6.9 to 7.2mph
  • Lost an inch off my hips (my bust and waist has stayed the same)
I also found that my yoga workouts were feeling like a bit of a chore, especially since they were scheduled for a Sunday when I just wanted to chill. I've decided that I will just do yoga as and when I feel like it, and will use set workouts / DVD's or just perform poses depending on what I feel my body needs. In line with this I've also decided to go back to having a Sunday as my rest day rather than a Friday as it just requires far too much motivation for me to work out when I just want to rest, also the hubby has changed his hours at work and should be getting more Sundays off in the future so using a Sunday as my rest day makes more sense.

I have also noticed a small difference in my muscles, my legs are looking better, no doubt due to the running! My abs (although hiding under some fat!) and my arms look more 'toned' as well.

This month I would like to start focusing more on my running in preparation for my half marathon so I'm changing things up a bit, and my goodness I feel ready for a change!

Monday
Gym Cardio Workout 45 – 60 minutes (depending on morning / evening workout) - treadmill, cross trainer, step machine, bike. Same resistance levels as last month but increasing the time in the 'hard' interval so instead of 1 minute medium 1 minute hard, 50 seconds medium and 1.10 minutes hard and gradually increasing this.

Increasing top speed gradually on the treadmill intervals

Abs sets - full sit ups 20 reps, crunches 20 reps, side reaches 20 reps, bicycle kicks 20 reps, v - ups x 10 reps (building up to 20) , plank x 2 - 3 sets

Tuesday
Strength Training DVD - Davina Superbody Workout DVD - Super Sculpt section

Wednesday
Mid distance run (around 5/6 miles?) - alternating between a run at my target pace / speed work and a run with lots of hills

Abs sets - full sit ups 20 reps, crunches 20 reps, side reaches 20 reps, bicycle kicks 20 reps, v - ups x 10 reps (building up to 20), plank x 2 - 3 sets

Thursday
Strength Training DVD - Davina Superbody Workout DVD - Super Sculpt section

Friday
Gym workout - 10 mins cross trainer intervals, 10 mins step machine intervals

40 mins strength:
Superset x 3
  • Forward Lunges (with weighted bar) x 20 reps (10 each leg)
  • Tricep dips (body weight) x 15 reps 
  • Sit ups on stability ball x 20 reps 
Superset x 3
  • Deadlifts (with weighted bar) 20 reps
  • Bent over rows x 12 reps
  • Leg ups using frame x 10 reps
Superset x 3
  • Chest press (using machine) x 12 reps
  • Lat machine x 12 reps
  • Backward Lunges (with weighted bar) x 20 reps
Saturday
Long distance run - this month working up from my current 9 miles to 11 miles

Sunday
Rest Day!

Anytime
Yoga

I've decided that since I've swapped out one of my usual gym workouts during the week for an additional run I would try doing my strength workout at the gym (I need to make the most of that membership fee!) I plan on doing it on a Friday morning so the gym should be nice and quiet meaning I can get on the machines I want and use the only little space there is for free weights without being bothered. I haven't detailed reps or weights yet as I need to wait until I've had a try of everything first. My plan with this additional strength session is to try and use heavier weights and lower reps than in the DVD's to build more muscle.

Depending on what things I have on with work etc, I might swap round my Monday and Wednesday sessions as well (I'm going to do my run tomorrow and make the most of the bank holiday!)

Current stats -

Bust - 37 1/2 inches
Waist - 29 1/2
Hips - 35 1/2
Weight - 10st

So there we have it! I seem to be doing ok, and really find having a plan and workout schedule helpful, I don't like missing something I've planned so it keeps me on track! Wish me luck x

0 comments:

Post a Comment