jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Easy Peasy Cider Bread: Vegan MOFO

6154276359_cdc8b6d1b6_o

Last week I was in the mood for baking and I really fancied making a bread of some kind, and as I’m on my Big Budget Challenge I needed to use just cheap ingredients I had on hand. After a quick look through my cupboards I found this:

P1100726

A bottle of fruity cider left over from Christmas. I instantly thought of this recipe and decided to try it out with my own twist of course!

Fruity Cider Bread (vegan, makes one small loaf, adapted from What Kate is Cooking Pear Cider Bread)

  • 2 1/2 cups of spelt flour
  • 1/2 cup of oats
  • 3 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 500ml bottle of fruit cider

Pre heat the oven to 190c. In a large bowl combine the flour, oats, baking powder and cinnamon.

P1100725

Slowly pour in the cider, mixing until you get a soft dough. You won’t need the whole bottle so I suggest you do this with what’s left:

P1100731

Yum! Transfer the dough into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.

P1100730

You may need to cover the top of the loaf with foil after 30 minutes to prevent over browning. It’s done when an inserted knife comes out clean.

P1100736

Enjoy with vegan butter, nut butter or jam.

P1100747

This makes a dense, hearty and filling loaf with a slight sweetness and fruity flavour. If you’d like your bread sweeter then you could add some sugar, agave or other sweetener in with the cider. This recipe would also make a great base for adding additional flavours and textures such as fresh or dried fruit or even nuts and seeds.

I have frozen several slices and plan on enjoying this for breakfasts and tasty snacks!

Are you a fan of cider? I love the fruity and pear ciders you can now get, I’d also love to try this recipe with a bottle of my favourite Strawberry Beer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment