jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Simple, fresh and perfect

Today has been a pretty perfect day! I got up early and hit the gym for a fast and furious 45 minute workout of intervals on the cross trainer, step machine and bike followed by my abs and core exercises. Breakfast was a lovely bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch with strawberries and home made almond milk:

P1060428

The almond milk turned out particularly creamy for this batch, delicious! I then got dressed and ready to hit the town:

P1060439OOTD: Maxi dress: Forever 21, pink tee: Topshop, bird ring: Primark, necklace: Topshop, gold sandals: Next, straw stripy bag: charity shop

It was a gorgeous hot and sunny day! I picked up some great pieces from H&M. Striped blazer (£25):

P1060466

Not exactly the same as the one on my wish list but much cheaper and its actually a really good fit. Orange racer back vest and white vest (£4.99 each):

P1060465

I love that orange top (great for the colour blocking trend), I have a real thing for orange and yellow at the moment! I also got a basic grey cardi for layering.

I got a great haul from the market and farmers market, more on that in a mo. The best bit of my trip to town was meeting up with the lovely Nicky from Kabocha Fashion! We enjoyed a cuppa and had a good chat. We both recognised how nice it is to be able to talk to someone face to face about ‘blog’ stuff. Nicky is just as sweet in real life as she comes across in her blog, hopefully that will be the first of many meet ups between us :-)

When I got home I made the most wonderful lunch:

P1060462

Rye linseed bread from the farmers market topped with half an avocado mashed with lemon juice, nutritional yeast and sea salt and a salad of spinach, cucumber, strawberries (leftover from breakfast) and pumpkin seeds with blueberry balsamic from Mmm Newcastle. This was a pretty simple lunch, but for me this has to be one of the best meals I’ve ever enjoyed. I love being able to put simple fresh ingredients together like this.

Mid afternoon I made a vanilla chai frappe. I blended 1 scoop of vanilla sun warrior protein powder with some cooled chai tea, almond milk, ice, stevia and xanthan and guar gums for a little added thickness:

P1060474

This was wonderful and a lot cheaper than Starbucks! Perfect for such a warm day.

For dinner I marinated some pressed tofu in lemon juice and lazy chilli then fried it on the grill pan with some courgette, aubergine and asparagus. I served it all with some tahini lemon sauce and fresh parsley:

P1060479

This was such a summery meal, everything tasted so amazing and fresh!

Dessert was a huge fruit salad including a chopped pear, peach, blueberries, lime juice, soy yoghurt and pomegranate seeds:

P1060488

I feel like I have ate some of the most amazing fresh food today, so healthy but incredibly tasty too!

I had been intending on doing a big weekly grocery shop round up, but this post is already long enough so I’ll just share the few things I got today instead!

Today I shopped at the farmers market, Grainger market, Mmm Newcastle and Sainsbury's. It was a pretty big shop as I had a few things to stock up on.

Farmers market and Mmm Newcastle:

P1060447

Linseed Rye bread, blueberry balsamic vinegar, marigold vegan vegetable bouillon and a tin of my favourite organic mixed beans. The balsamic is expensive but it was my treat and my word it is divine!

Fruit and veggies:

P1060441 P1060443

Bag of peaches (10 for £1), broccoli, strawberries, blueberries, courgette, aubergine, spinach, cos lettuce, red lettuce, red and yellow peppers, asparagus, carrots, celery, cucumber, avocado, pomegranates.

Other stuff:

P1060451

Organic passata, value pack scottish oats, cauldron tofu and marinated tofu, brown rice, quick cook pasta, beans, silken tofu, gram flour, soy milk, tinned tuna, high juice. The rice and pasta is mainly for James, and strangely enough so is the soy milk as we are investigating if he has a dairy allergy. I only got organic passata as its almost the same price as the regular! Unpictured frozen stuff included quorn chicken pieces, quorn mince and a bag of frozen potato wedges (all for James) and a huge bag of crushed ice for smoothies and frappes. I also got a lot of cleaning products, freezer zip lock bags, loo rolls etc. All of the stuff above, including all the cleaning stuff came to about £70. This has really well stocked my cupboards and should keep us going for a while with only veggies and fruit to replenish (at least in theory!)

I have had a wonderful ‘me’ day shopping, food shopping (a hobby in itself for me!) meeting Nicky, pottering about in the kitchen and eating delicious food! I also have a fantastic weekend ahead including some baking, a run, a gig, my Nephew’s birthday and tea party, family visiting and having Monday off to go shopping with my Mam and Auntie. What do you have planned for the weekend?

I have really enjoyed all the wonderful food I’ve had today. Fresh ingredients prepared really simply is my fave, that lunch was just delicious! What was your last most memorable meal and why was it so memorable?

0 comments:

Post a Comment