jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Appetite for life

How we all doing this fine Tuesday? I’m having a good week so far!

On Monday morning I had my first taste of hemp milk!

P1030622

I had it with a big bowl of my home mixed muesli with a chopped apple and blueberries:

P1040061

I was very pleasantly surprised with the hemp milk, it tasted a lot nicer and creamer than I had been expecting and reminded me of soy milk. A definite regular non dairy milk for me now – as long as Tesco continue to stock it!

Today I had a bowl of Dorset Cereal Low Fat Flakes with chopped plums, pecans, raw unsweetened coconut shreds and hemp milk:

P1040099

I learned the last time I ate these that a bowl with milk and fruit just wouldn’t see my through to lunch so I added the pecans and coconut for more staying power!

I also tried a raw kale salad for lunch. I have had raw kale salads before but they’d mostly turned out to be a fail. I had a lot of kale to use up so I thought I’d give another one a go. I massaged the kale with 1/2 avocado mashed with lemon juice until it wilted down a bit then added carrot, red pepper, sugar snaps, alfalfa sprouts and some roasted soya nuts for protein and crunch plus some braggs:

P1040071

This pic doesn’t really do it justice, finally a kale salad that tasted good! I think adding the avocado is the trick with this, it would have also been lovely with spicy roast chickpeas, yum!

Today I scored some more tasty reduced persimmons from Asda – these are so good I’m now addicted to them!

P1040109

Dinner over the last couple of days has been Italian Leek and Bean Stew:

P1040073

I served it up with some pearl barley (my favourite grain at the moment) plus some steamed green veggies and shoyu. I love this stew, comforting but not too heavy for this time of year.

I’ve also been doing my usual workouts, intervals on cross trainer and step machine, spin class and abs and core on Monday, we had a new spin instructor and he was excellent, the workout was way tougher than usual, I really got my sweat on! Then today I did Yoga for Runners this morning and Body Pump this evening. Body Pump was the new release and it was awesome – my muscles were trembling at the end! To help my muscles recover after Body Pump I had a lovely Peanut Butter Swirl Spiru-tein protein shake (with ice, hemp milk and xanthan gum) with peanut flour sauce and grape nuts cereal as my dessert:

P1040102

I love my Spiru-tein shakes, the flavours are fab!

I don’t know what’s been up with me over the past few days but my appetite has been completely random. Usually I know when I’m going to start feeling hungry but over the last few days I have had either no appetite or I’ve been ravenous (please note that what I’ve posted above is not everything I’ve eaten – I’m just posting the tastiest stuff!) I have been eating even when not hungry (after I’ve waited a couple of hours for hunger to kick in and it hasn’t) as I know that I need to be getting food in me to fuel my workouts and especially after I burned 900 calories on Sunday with my run! I also hate to waste food. Then on the other hand when I do start eating its hard to stop! I’m hoping my appetite will get back to normal as I find it very odd. Anyone else have a random appetite?

I also just wanted to share this random little snippet I came across on Crazy Sexy Life today:

‘What makes up the quality of your life is your daily existence, not only the peak experiences or significant epiphanies’

For some reason this really struck a cord with me – I used to really struggle with living in the ‘present’ - my mind would always be miles ahead thinking about how life would be different when I moved house, started a family, got a new job etc. Recently I have found a greater level of contentment and happiness in just living in the now and enjoying the amazing things I have been blessed with :-) I still think of the good things to come in the future but I feel I have a better balance now.

Do you feel that you ‘live in the now’ or do you focus on things to come in the future?

0 comments:

Post a Comment