jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Dreaming up recipes

When I woke up this morning I was just craving a nice mug of warm water with lemon. I had woken up feeling a bit off and this just made me feel so much better, so I'm really glad I had those lemons in the house. I then got straight into my DVD, Davina's 3 30 Minute Workouts Pump Section with my added press ups and bent over rows to work my chest and back a bit more.

For breakfast I made my first ever green monster with kale. I used a couple of big handfuls of raw kale, some frozen cherries, a scoop of chocolate whey, a teaspoon each of maca and ground flax and hazelnut and almond rice milk and water to blend it up.


It still tasted really good but the kale didn't blend down completely so the texture was different, more chewy! I think I'll be sticking to spinach in the future!

Lunch was some soup I made up last week (as I had spinach to use up) and froze -

Lentil and Spinach Soup

2 carrots chopped
2 medium onions chopped
About 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 garlic cloves minced
teaspoon of minced ginger
A little hot chilli powder
About 300g of red lentils
2 big handfuls of spinach
Veg Stock to cover

Saute the onions, garlic and ginger in a little oil until transparent, then add the carrots and continue cooking for a few minutes. Then add the veg stock, lentils and cherry tomatoes and simmer for 15 mins until the lentils are cooked. Add the hot chilli powder is desired followed by the spinach. Continue cooking for a minute until spinach is wilted down. Allow to cool and then blend if desired. I part blended mine so it still has a little chunkiness!


This was absolutely lush! I could have easily ate another bowl full, I'm so glad I still have another three portions in the freezer. I followed my soup with an apple.


Early afternoon I had two big juicy strawberries from a punnet that my work mate had bought from the green grocer across the road. Usually his produce is a bit hit and miss but these strawberries were very tasty, I think I'll be over there to buy myself a punnet tomorrow! I also had a small orange, totally forgot to take a pic of these, too busy getting them down my neck!

Late afternoon I had a Trek Cherry Crunch Protein Flapjack.


It was the first time I've tried one of these kind of Trek Bars. It was tasty and the 10g of protein per bar kept me very full. The bar doesn't actually contain any cherries but has some cherry infused raisins in there instead. The ingredients also included a bit of sugar in the form of raw cane sugar and golden syrup which if you were eating whilst out on a hike or something would be great for added energy. It was good but I think I prefer the regular Trek and Nakd bars where the energy is from dried fruits rather than sugar. 

I had a late meeting at 6pm so by the time I got home I was fairly hungry. Dinner was the second portion of my Roast Vegetable Bake with a mixed side salad. I didn't give myself such a big portion this time!


Desert was some of my usual frozen raspberries in hazelnut and almond rice milk. For me this is an easy little desert as it gives me something sweet after a meal and satisfies my sweet tooth a little. I love how the rice milk freezes around the raspberries almost like a yoghurty coating.


Drinks - water, green tea, decaf tea

I've spent a bit of time today dreaming up some great recipes for breakfasts, lunches, dinners and deserts. I want to make sure that my food doesn't get boring as I can get into the habit of just eating the same stuff day in day out which means I don't get the best range of nutrients, plus it makes this blog pretty boring! I was getting quite excited thinking of some of the smoothie / porridge combos I'd like to try out. Most of my ideas will have to wait for a couple of weeks as my food budget is disapearing fast so I'll be making the most of whats in the cupboards and freezer until pay day!

So glad that we are nearly half way through the week! Hope your all having a good one x

0 comments:

Post a Comment