jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

New hair do, organic veg and kitchen overhaul

Hi Everyone, hope your having a great weekend! I’ve had a busy day so far, I was at Tescos to do a giant shop at 7.30 this morning and I haven’t stopped since!

Yesterday I got my hair cut for the first time in almost a year. Here’s a before and after:

Before:CIMG7683

After: CIMG7954

Much better I think! I’m really happy that I’ve gone for a dramatic change. I always had shorter hair growing up and it wasn’t until the last couple of years that I decided to grow it. This style feels much more ‘me’.

Last night me and my sister in law Katy went out for dinner. We decided to head to a Chinese buffet restaurant. I didn’t get any pics but I was quite proud of myself, especially for avoiding meat. I had a couple of plates of crispy fried greens, spring rolls, noodles, stir fried veg and garlic potatoes then followed it with an apple, melon and a chocolate mousse. So tasty! The staff kept on offering me lamb kebabs and crispy duck, I didn’t explain until the end of the meal that I was veggie – they said I should have mentioned and they would have made me a dish! Bless them, I shall definitely be returning there.

My organic veg box also arrived:CIMG7965 CIMG7963 CIMG7964

It contained: 92cf4857-f2e6-4d93-8dcf-57facfbc01bf

I swapped the celery for red peppers and the box came with cherry tomatoes in place of the broccoli. I also got a free bag of apples and pears as a new customer.

This morning I did a mega shop to re stock my cupboards. I got lots of tins of organic beans including kidney, chickpeas, cannellini, adzuki, black eyed peas and haricot – I plan on doing lots of experimenting! I also stocked up on non dairy milks including vanilla rice milk, hazelnut and almond rice milk, almond milk (to try out although I’ll probably try making my own) and kara coconut milk. I got some red and brown lentils, pine nuts, sesame seeds, barley malt sweetener, organic feta cheese and pure spread. I also headed to my new favourite green grocer in Durham and got more veg for the week. I love having full cupboards! This also meant spending 3 hours this morning sorting and re organising all my kitchen storage.

Jars on display for easy use:CIMG7986

My space giving kitchen storage unit:CIMG7988

Tea and coffee basket and bits and bobs basket:CIMG7991 CIMG7994Goodie drawers:

CIMG7989

Protein powders box and nuts, nut butters, dried fruit and granola box:CIMG7996 CIMG7998

Storage box 1 non dairy milks etc:CIMG8000

Storage box 2 grains, pastas, noodles:CIMG7999

Cupboards – Everything else!:CIMG8006

Very full fridge and freezer:CIMG8007CIMG8009

Now that I’ve really stocked up I shouldn’t need to buy much each week apart from fruit, vegetables and eggs plus regular milk for the hubby. I can’t wait to get really creative with this stuff!

Today’s eats so far have been very tasty. I just snacked on a couple of chopped organic apples with cinnamon before going shopping:

CIMG7966

When I got back I made myself an amazing bowl of Orange, cranberry and macadamia nut creamy porridge. I used 1/2 cup of scottish oats, 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice, 1/2 cup of rice milk then cooked it on the stove adding 2 tablespoons of 2% greek yoghurt and some chopped dried cranberries and macadamia nuts. I topped my bowl with more cranberry and macadamias plus a little granola.

CIMG7968

If you haven’t tried cooking your oats with a little fruit juice give it a try!

For lunch I made some soup by roasting the cherry tomatoes, red peppers and some shallots from the veg box along with a few cloves of garlic then blending with some hot veg stock to make some Roast Tomato and Red Pepper Soup. I added a little fresh basil:

CIMG7976

Really tasty, perfect for a cold autumn day! I also had 2 chopped plums and a satsuma:

CIMG7984

I’m planning on making a tasty lentil and swede mash ‘cottage’ pie for dinner (and a traditional version for the hubby).

So excited about Halloween! I wish we got more into it here in the UK like they do in the states. I think I may have to open a can of libby’s pumpkin in celebration! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment