jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

WIAW: Carb slump and lovely yoga

Hi everyone hope your week is going well!

Peas and Crayons

I’m back for another WIAW! These are my eats from yesterday. I started the day with my usual warm water and lemon which I sipped on while getting washed and dressed, then I made breakfast! I had a big bowl of strawberries, banana and some cacao chai chia pudding:

CIMG3537

I also had a cup of black cinnamon and hazelnut coffee sweetened with stevia:

CIMG3544

So glad that the mornings are getting a little lighter now!

Mid morning I had a couple of carrots with some cashew butter for dipping for a snack:

CIMG3547

I love carrots with nut butter! I also had this amazing rosehip and cherry tea:

CIMG3551

My work colleague had returned from a break in Scotland and brought a few different teas back for me from her hotel. This was so good I might have to track down that brand, it tasted like cherry drop sweeties! Of course I drank a lot of other tea during the day too including green and rooibos.

Lunch was a big salad made from lots of random things from the fridge:

CIMG3552

It included spinach, brown rice, marinated tofu, home grown alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, red cabbage, red pepper and some braggs liquid aminos. This was lovely but it reminded me why I usually go easy on the carbs at lunch, I definitely had a mid afternoon slump! To pick me up again I had a snack of a pear, an apple and some salt and pepper Popchips:

CIMG3557

I love those those Popchips, they are my favourite flavour and remind me of posh crisps!

As I had my yoga class later that evening I just wanted something light for dinner. I had a bowl of my lentil soup with a big pile of my home made raw curried crackers:

CIMG3562

When I got home from yoga I fixed myself a great snack. I had found some of my favourite fresh figs in the reduced section on Monday so had three of them, a chopped apple and some raw tahini and honey along with a kuricha green tea:

CIMG3572

That really hit the spot!

I really enjoyed my yoga class last night…

It was a packed class and was really good fun, the teacher used me to demonstrate some of the poses and commented on how good my posture was! I felt a bit embarrassed but simultaneously chuffed that I was doing well. I think I’m starting to embrace the slower more relaxing style of yoga now :-)

Yesterday wasn’t quite as full of greens as my eats usually are, in the lead up to pay day I’m trying to manage on what I have in the fridge, freezer and cupboards as I’m determined to stick within my grocery budget. Fresh veggies are probably the most costly thing I buy so I have to cut back a little. I was able to get a huge bag of spinach which is a good deal for me as I can use in salads, smoothies and cooked meals plus James loves his spinach too. More on healthy eating on the cheap to come tomorrow!

Are you affected by carbs at lunch time? I find that if I have too much, especially bread, rice or pasta I get a bit sleepy later on! Quinoa seems to be ok though, perhaps because it contains more protein? That’s why I tend to just have salads with veggies, protein and fat and save the carbs for later in the day. I know people that are the complete opposite so I guess it just goes to show how different we can all be!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your week :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment