jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Learning to love the rowing machine

Hi everyone, hope your having a good week! Mine got off to a great start when I went and collected my new little car last night, I’m still buzzing!

Eats have been very tasty as usual. Breakfast on Monday was fresh strawberries, blackberries and blueberries with some Dorset Cereal Tasty Toasted Spelt Muesli and rice milk. I also had a delicious raspberry coffee with sweet freedom and rice milk:

P1030084

Breakfast this morning was a Butternut Smoothie (roast butternut, frozen banana, ice cubes, vanilla sun warrior, cinnamon, ginger, rice milk, water, xanthan gum) topped with half a bag of Bear Apple Crumble Granola Nibbles:

P1030124

I haven’t had a squash smoothie in ages and this was divine!

Lunch both days has been a fab salad of romaine, red and yellow pepper, cucumber, sugar snap peas, red onion and spicy roasted chickpeas with Kristen’s Raw 4 ingredient dressing (cashew butter, water, apple cider vinegar and shoyu):

P1030094

The dressing was delicious! I also had some fruit – an orange and kiwis.

Snackage and pre gym fuel was a lemon kissed cashew hemp bar on Monday:

P1030096

…and one of my almond cookies and a pink lady apple today:

P1030139

The lemon bar was gorgeous, I love lemon flavoured stuff and with the sweetness of the dates and the crunchiness of the hemp seeds this hit the spot. It also fuelled me very well for the gym – I had an excellent workout!

Dinner both days has been a Japanese inspired stir fry containing soba noodles, carrot, diakon, Japanese spinach, tender stem broccoli and some Clearspring organic tofu marinated in sesame oil and mirin and fried in coconut oil. I also added some gomasio and shoyu:

P1030146

This was so so tasty! I was a little disappointed with the Clearspring tofu to begin with, I had been expecting something more like the Cauldron firm tofu, it was certainly described that it could be used that way. This had a more similar texture to mori nu silken tofu. It didn’t absorb the marinade very well but it did fry up excellently – crispy on the outside and soft and silken on the inside!

Dessert last night was two chopped apples and some Plamils Orange and Cranberry dairy free chocolate:

P1030114

The chocolate was good but very sweet! Its flavour really reminded me of Terry’s chocolate orange.

Dessert this evening was some cookies and cream Spiru-tein protein ice cream (with vanilla rice milk, ice cubes and xanthan and guar gums) topped with cacao nibs:

P1030154

Yummy!

My workouts so far this week have been excellent - my usual Monday evening spin class was cancelled as the instructor was ill so I did 1 hour of HIITs on the step machine, cross trainer, bike and rowing machine. I usually don’t use the rowing machine – I think I just preferred the other equipment, but I loved it in this workout! I did 1 minute intervals: 1 minute at about 6 on my ‘perceived rate of exertion’ then basically balls to the wall for the other minute and repeated for 15 minutes, I was beat by the end! I then did my usual abs and core.

This morning I did a quick Yoga for Runners podcast for 20 minutes then this evening I was back at Body Pump. Before the class I managed to fit in another 10 minute rowing machine HIIT session, loving it!

Do you have a favourite piece of gym equipment? Why is it your favourite? I love the step machine and cross trainer as I feel like I get a really good workout on them but I can certainly see me making more use of the rowing machine in future!

I’ve also been doing something that I don’t do very often – eating the same thing two days in a row. Usually I don’t like doing this as I like variety but I’m finding it a real time and money saver - Hence why I’m just posting an ‘eats’ type post every two days and starting to move away from posting every single thing I eat as I don’t want things to get boring!

Are you happy to eat the same meals day after day or do you prefer more variety? My hubby eats plain porridge for breakfast every single day and as much as I love porridge that would drive me crazy! However, one thing that I can’t get enough of at the moment is green smoothies – I like that you can make them different with all the various ingredients and toppings available.

What’s the one thing you could eat day after day and never tire of?

0 comments:

Post a Comment