jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

A very vintage tea party

Happy Friday! Have we all had a good week? Mine has been excellent…

481afeaa736611e180c9123138016265_7

Last week I had mentioned that I was looking forward to an event at work. The project that I manage was funded for a set period of time and it is finishing at the end of March (I work for a charity). Luckily I still have a job after this time, at least for a few months, but we wanted to hold an event to celebrate the project and decided to put on an afternoon tea with a bit of a 1940’s theme. We hired in lots of vintage cake stands, tea pots and tea cups, decked the hall out with red, white and blue bunting, had spring flowers on the tables and even had some entertainment from a lady singing old music hall songs by Judy Garland and Vera Lynn! It was a fantastic event…

IMG_2481P1130145IMG_2482

I was a bit let down on the catering, I had been told they were going to make me some special vegan cookies but they hadn’t. I was still happy though as I got some hummus salad sandwiches and soya cream filled brandy snaps (I had those times at least 10!) Plus I shared a couple of pots of green tea with my colleague. Of course as it was 1940’s themed we all decided to dress up:

IMG_2483OOTD: vintage dress: Beyond Retro, black peep toe shoes: Office

I tried to do my hair in a 1940’s style with a ‘victory roll’ at the front, not sure how well I managed it but I was happy with how it looked considering I just did it myself in 15 minutes! It was just a fab event and everyone that attended said they had enjoyed themselves!

Other tastiness from this week includes:

P1130112Vanilla Cookie Dough Green Smoothie (spinach, scoop of vanilla sun warrior, scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough spiru-tein protein powder, maca, ground flax, water, ice) topped with walnuts, figs and bee pollen

CIMG3579Chocolate Cherry Green smoothie (kale, frozen cherries, chocolate hemp protein powder, maca, ground flax, water, ice) topped with peanut flour sauce and cacao nibs

P1130170 Honey and hemp muffin, pear, plain Coyo, honey

CIMG3526Seitan Sausage (made with Italian herbs and sundried tomatoes) with brown rice and broccoli

CIMG3573Stir fried veggies with edamame, ginger, soy and sweet chilli sauce

CIMG3589My veggie chilli with added soy mince and steamed greens

CIMG3577Strawberries and plain Coyo yoghurt (tasted like strawberries and cream, so decadent!)

So lots of amazing eats!

Workouts have just been my usual:

  • Sunday – AM treadmill run 5k, 20 minute bike, kettlebell class
  • Monday – AM 5 min cross trainer warm up, strength workout B from ‘Dial it in’ phase of Female Body Breakthrough, 10 min HIIT step machine, 10 min HIIT bike
  • Tuesday – Yoga class
  • Wednesday – AM 5 min cross trainer warm up, strength workout A from ‘Dial it in’ phase of Female Body Breakthrough, 10 min HIIT step machine, 10 min HIIT bike
  • Thursday – Yoga class
  • Friday – AM 5 min cross trainer warm up, strength workout B from ‘Dial it in’ phase of Female Body Breakthrough, 10 min HIIT step machine, 10 min HIIT bike

I feel like I’m getting into a really good routine now :-)

On my weekend send off love list this week…

Getting ready to be inked!

Yesterday I got my tattoo finished off. Its still a little red so I’m waiting until its better healed before I post a picture but lets just say it looks fantastic and I’m very happy with it! Also…

 The Little Paris Kitchen, not the most vegan friendly cooking show but I love the whole style of everything in it! // Becoming a member of the Diary Free Dream Team – please check it out, I’ll be writing regular articles! // yoga, I’ve enjoyed my classes so much this week

Before I go, next week I’m planning on doing another green smoothie challenge for at least 7 days. I did one about the same time last year and really enjoyed it! This lovely fresh spring weather is making me crave them and I’m feeling the need to get back to basics with some of my eats, to me there’s no better way to start that than with a daily dose of green. If your up for it feel free to join in and let me know if you’d like me to link to any of your posts. I’ll be starting on Sunday I think!

IMG_2484

What have you been loving this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment