jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Who needs pasta

I had a really good time at the Ash gig last night, and I did get to sit in a beer garden, even if it was only for 5 minutes before it got too cold! It was a bit difficult as I wasn't drinking and my friend was, so when she wanted to go on a bit daft and dance about I really couldn't be arsed. It really made me think about things as I've been going off the idea of going out and getting hammered as I just don't enjoy drinking to the point of excess anymore, as well as the obvious bad health effects and possible making an arse of yourself. I don't mind the odd glass (or bottle!) of red, or a bottle of beer or cider here and there but I could not have kept up with my friend last night even if I had wanted to. I just can't handle the drink like I used too! I'm now worried that this means I'll always be seen as the party pooper whenever we go out :-(

I was quite tired when I got up this morning due to the relatively late night. So I thought I would use up the last of my medjool dates and make an energy boosting smoothie. I used oats, ground flax, frozen banana, skimmed milk and 3 chopped medjool dates and blended them up. This made a delicious thick and creamy smoothie.


I had to use a spoon near the end to get the lovely chewy oaty date bits out! Yum!

Mid morning I snacked on a bowl of strawberries and grapes with some greek yoghurt.


These are the first lot of British strawberries I've bought this year and they are so good!
For lunch I had a huge salad containing mixed salad leaves, spinach, tuna, kidney beans, light mayo, spring onions, grated carrot, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, followed by an apple.


Before I left work I snacked on half a coco loco nakd bar for gym fuel.


I then headed to the gym and did my usual cardio interval workout on the treadmill, step machine, cross trainer and bike followed by 3 sets of my abs exercises. I managed to get my top speed on the treadmill up to 7.2 mph. I was also pleasantly suprised when one of the staff at the gym made a comment on my weight loss (I've only been a member 14 months and its the first time since my induction they've really talked to me!) usually its just a hello on the way in so it was nice that one of them took the time to have a conversation with me!

For dinner I sauted some mushrooms, red pepper and courgette with 2 cloves of garlic and added that to some lean beef mince and tomato sauce and served it over some steamed brocolli with spinach and mixed salad leaves on the side. The hubby got a portion too but had his with pasta.


This was so good! I hadn't been expecting much from it but it tasted great and really filled me up. I still avoid pasta, even wholemeal as it just doesn't seem to satisify me and doesn't help my weight management. I certainly didn't miss it with this dish, it was delicious! I've still got some left over for dinner another night this week, can't wait!

For desert I whipped up a quick bowl of chocolate mint protein goo.


Drinks - water, green tea, decaf tea

Glad that this Monday is over but I'll be even happier when its Friday! I have a couple of late meetings this week and quite a lot on so I'll be very happy when the weekend comes, especially since we have a bank holiday in the UK. Hope all your Monday's haven't been too bad! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment