jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Traditional British Dinners

Hi Everyone! Hope your all having a great weekend :-)

I started Saturday with my usual run. I was extra proud of myself for going out at 7.15am in the dark and cold, however I wrapped up warm with my pink waterproof jacket and new gloves and I was fine. I think I may have conquered my aversion to running in bad weather! I did 6.2 miles in 1hr, running a pretty hilly route which was fun for a change. I always feel set up for the weekend after getting a run in first thing on a Saturday.

Eats have been really tasty, breakfast yesterday:

CIMG7259

Amazing vanilla protein pancakes (3 egg whites, scoop of vanilla whey, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder) with 2 sliced plums, almond butter and maple syrup sauce (1 heaped teaspoon of almond butter, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, splash of milk, warmed in microwave and combined till smooth) then topped with a teaspoon of Rude Health Granola. These were just so delicious, I love my weekend pancake treat!

Breakfast today:

CIMG7301

Spelt and egg white seeded wrap with crunchy peanut butter and sliced apple. I love these wraps, honestly I think I could eat them everyday!

I’ve also made a couple of very ‘traditional’ style dinners, as the hubby loves this kind of thing. Yesterday was bangers and mash:

CIMG7288

2 tofu sausages (97% pork sausages for the hubby), white bean mash (low GL recipe, 1/2 can of cannellini beans mashed with soy milk and 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable bouillon powder), steamed broccoli and kale with red onion gravy. This was just spot on!

Today I made a beef mince dinner:

CIMG7318

Lean beef mince with onion and gravy and steamed broccoli, kale and carrots (plus mashed potatoes for the hubby and sis in law).

Fruity deserts have included blueberry and pear smoothie in a bowl (1 sliced pear, frozen blueberries, soy milk, ice cubes, topped with granola)

CIMG7281

Fruit plate with orange, plums and figs.

CIMG7322

How I love fresh figs! Last nights pud:

CIMG7297

Cherry amaretto desert, just gorgeous!

Yesterdays lunch (and what will be tonight’s dinner) a big salad of lettuce, spinach, cucumber, red onion, tomato, tuna and olives with balsamic dressing.

CIMG7276

De-lish! I’m really hooked on olives at the moment.

I also plan to have the last portion of my strawberry frozen yoghurt for desert.

Here’s some Outfit of the day action for you:CIMG7313 CIMG7314 CIMG7315

I love layering at this time of year: boots: asos, skinny jeans: peacocks, silk tea dress: warehouse (from about 5 years ago!), cardigan: new look, belt: topshop, bag: mango, scarf: accessorize, bangles: oasis. This is one of my favourite floral dresses, its a little big for me now so its perfect for being belted in at the waist. I love the colours in the dress too.

I also got some goodies from my sister in law as a belated birthday gift:

CIMG7335

Dior mini eye shadow palette, Clinique mirror, mini palette, face wash, dramatically different moisturiser, lip gloss, mascara and Paul Smith rose body lotion (love this!)

CIMG7332

I love the colours of the eye shadows in the little Dior palette. As I can no longer afford the Urban Decay Naked palette I had on my wish list I’ll be making best use of these instead.

Are you a fan of the traditional British dinner? Every so often I get a bit of a craving for them and I do like to make them for the hubby every once in a while. Bangers and mash and beef mince with veggies always remind me of the dinners that my Nana and Grandma used to make. What’s your favourite traditional family dish?

0 comments:

Post a Comment