jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Bowl Lovin

I'm posting a bit early today as I'm off out shortly to meet up with my friend Kate. We are off into town to see Ash and feel like we're 16 years old again!

Last night before I went to bed I was thinking about breakfast (more proof that I think about food way too much) and decided that I fancied something bready for a change. I don't eat a lot of bread as it can be too carby for me so when I do have it I try and eat it with some protein. I thought up this little recipe based on stuff I've seen round the blog world, so I got a slice of bread out of the freezer to defrost overnight, and went to bed dreaming of eggy vanilla spiced goodness!

Spiced Vanilla French Toast with Blueberries and Apple

1 slice of stoneground wholemeal bread
1 egg
2 tablespoons of vanilla rice milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of ground mixed spice
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon of agave syrup
Blueberries
Apple, chopped

Mix the egg, milk, agave, vanilla extract and spices together and pour over the bread on a shallow plate. Allow the bread to absorb the mixture and leave to stand for a few minutes. Fry the bread in spray oil on a high heat and brown on both sides. Serve with blueberries and chopped apple and a little agave.


This was fantastic! Would taste great with chopped banana, yoghurt, pecans and maple syrup or any combo of fruit, yoghurt, nut butter etc.

I spent the morning grocery shopping, doing my tae bo and strength workout (managed an extra 5 seconds on my plank - 1 min 15, this totally killed me!) and watching the London Marathon on TV and getting way to excited about the doing the Great North Run, I can't wait!

For lunch I had a bowl of Courgette and Watercress Soup with a couple of savory rice cakes.


I then had a green monster smoothie in a bowl. I am really loving putting them in bowls at the moment, so comforting and filling. I used spinach, frozen mixed berries, hazelnut and almond rice milk and a scoop of chocolate whey. It was so thick, creamy and chocolately!


Mid afternoon I had a full pot of cottage cheese with some cherry raisins and a chopped apple with cinnamon and maca and a few strawberries to keep me nice and full. I've had the cherry raisins before and they are so good, I love anything cherry flavoured!


I'm taking a peanut and oat Trek bar with me to snack on later as I don't plan on eating anything while I'm out, I'm also driving so will just be drinking soda water all night.


Drinks - water, green tea, decaf tea, soda water

Can't believe the weekend is nearly over already, it has gone over far to quickly. Hope you have all had a good one! Well I'm going to head off, the sun is shining and even though I'm not drinking alcohol I quite fancy sitting in a beer garden before the gig. Bye for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment