jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Review: Rice Dream rice milk

A few days ago I was sent a couple of cartons of Rice Dream rice milk to sample for the blog. To be honest I felt a little guilty accepting these as I have already tried Rice Dream’s selection of rice milks many, many times! But never the less I didn’t need an excuse to eat / drink more of it!

Rice milk was the first non diary milk I ever tried. It does have a thinner consistency to regular milk but it also has a pleasant natural sweetness to it. I have tried all the varieties apart from the chilled version shown below:

Untitled

I really adore the vanilla and hazelnut and almond version and have been buying the plain rice milk with added calcium and vitamins since I started to eat a mostly vegan diet. The chocolate version is to die for!

CIMG4124 Perfect with muesli, cinnamon and a pot of tea!

Out of all non diary milks, plain rice milk tends to be my ‘go to’ option as it is fairly affordable, easily available (most supermarkets seem to stock it) and versatile, tasting good with cereal, in smoothies and in tea and coffee (although it can be a little thin, but it makes up for that in natural sweetness). I really love the simple ingredients lists of these products as apart from the chocolate version they don’t contain any added sugar. I’ve also found that rice milk feels gentler on my digestion than other non diary milks such as soy.

I made good use of the plain rice milk in my delicious breakfast yesterday morning:

P1070152

Based on my vanilla chia wheatgerm breakfast pudding I mixed 2 tbsp of chia seeds, 1 tbsp of ground flax, 1/4 cup of quinoa flakes, 1 scoop of chocolate sun warrior, 1/2 cup of rice dream plain rice milk and 1 cup of water together and refrigerated overnight. In the morning I layered up with some fresh strawberries and popped some cacao nibs on top. So yummy, choc full of healthy fats and nice and easy on my digestion!

Check out the Rice Dream website or Facebook page for more info.

Have you tried Rice Dream or any other brands of rice milk? What did you think? Are you a fan of rice milk?

0 comments:

Post a Comment