jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Review: Good Hemp Protein Powder

A couple of months ago I was sent the following Good Hemp Protein products to review:

P1070591

I was sent the Strawberry Fit Shake and the Hemp Natural powders.

I was really interested in sampling these products, especially as I was already a huge fan of Good Hemp milk and hemp oil which I absolutely love. However, my experience of hemp protein powders in the past did make me a little nervous about how these would taste!

Why hemp?

  • High source of Protein with 47% Protein
  • Contains all 20 Amino Acids
  • Contains all 10 Essential Amino Acids
  • Naturally Rich in Omega 3 (with SDA)
  • Good Fibre Content
  • Free from Gluten, Dairy, Lactose & Soya, GMO, Hexane
  • Free from Pesticides and Herbicides, Additives and Preservatives
  • 100% Plant Based Protein

For someone who prefers a vegan, whole food diet hemp can be a perfect source of additional protein and other nutrients. However there is one stumbling block: the taste!

Strawberry FIT Shake

The strawberry fit shake has been specifically formulated to aid weight loss, sculpting and well being. Ingredients are hemp protein, xylitol, natural strawberry flavouring, xanthan gum and green tea, so a pretty clean and fairly unprocessed list which gets the thumbs up from me. A scoop is just 110 calories and provides 10g of protein, so not as much as a lot of other protein supplements, however the higher protein ones tend to be a lot more processed and / or expensive. A 500g tub of Strawberry FIT Shake costs £16.99.

Good Fit Shake with Hemp Protein Powder 500g Chocolate - Buy Online

I have to say I love this product! I was amazed that hemp protein could taste so good! The strawberry flavour is quite mild and not as artificial tasting as some other strawberry supplements I’ve tried. I have preferred to consume this as part of my regular green smoothies so obviously the taste is combined with fruit etc but to be able to give this an accurate review I tried mixing it alone with some soy milk and it still tasted pretty good and created quite a creamy smoothie. To really enjoy the flavour of this I created this lovely little recipe:

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Hemp Smoothie (vegan, serves 1)

P1090455

  • 1 scoop of Good Hemp Strawberry Fit Shake
  • 1 cup of ice
  • 1 cup of non dairy milk
  • 1 tbsp of agave syrup or sweetener of choice
  • 2 cups of fresh strawberries
  • 1 tbsp of cacao nibs or 1 tbsp of cocoa powder

Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Serve in a glass or ice cream style in a bowl topped with more strawberries and cacao nibs (or chocolate chips for a more decadent version)

P1090453

This was delicious!

As this tastes ok mixed with milk (although the tub says mix with water, I didn’t have the guts to try it straight up!) you could easily use this as a quick post workout recovery drink or if your seeking to lose weight, as a protein rich snack any time of day. I personally loved it in a strawberry and peanut butter green smoothie for breakfast.

Hemp Protein Powder Natural

This product is pure 100% hemp protein with no added sweeteners or flavours. Obviously this means that this has a very distinct ‘grassy’ taste. However what it lacks in taste it makes up for in additional protein: unlike the Strawberry FIT Shake which has 10g of protein per serving this has 14.1g and is still only 110 calories. I certainly didn’t attempt to try this straight up, but mixed in fruity smoothies I found it gave a neutral creaminess. A 500g tub costs £10.99

Hemp Protein Powder Natural 500g - Buy Online

I was very impressed with both products. They both have a fantastic ingredients list, are well priced and taste good when used in the right way! All the hemp is grown here in the UK and cold pressed and milled making these products locally grown and raw, even more thumbs up from me!

I will definitely be looking to purchase these products again, I loved the strawberry for adding another flavour option to my protein supplement selection and the hemp is great for when you feel you want extra protein but a neutral flavour. As the strawberry flavour was so good I’d be highly tempted to try some of Good Hemp’s other products such as the more protein rich Chocolate and Strawberry GYM Shake.

Have you tried hemp protein powder before? If so what did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment