jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

New Phase Strength Workouts, Raw Food and High Heels

Happy Friday! As I said in my WIAW post this week has been a bit of an odd one for me with the bank holiday making it a shorter week, plus today I am out of the office again as I’m renewing my food hygiene training certificate, busy busy!

A fave outfit from this week: maxi skirt: Primark, floral belt: Primark, purple vest top: Topshop

This week I decided to change up my workout routine so that I could spend the bank holiday lazing about. Instead of doing my strength / HIIT workout on Monday I enjoyed a Kettle bell class on Sunday:

  • Saturday – 6.5 mile run
  • Sunday – 30 minutes of gentle cardio on the bike, rowing machine and cross trainer, Kettle bell class
  • Monday – REST
  • Tuesday – 3 mile run, 10 minutes of yoga to stretch out
  • Wednesday – AM 5 min cross trainer warm up, strength workout A from Fine Tune phase of Female Body Breakthrough – heavy weight / low rep, 10 min HIIT step machine, 10 min HIIT bike
  • Thursday – PM yoga class 1hr 15 
  • Friday – AM 5 min cross trainer warm up, strength workout B from Fine Tune in phase of Female Body Breakthrough – medium weight / medium rep, 10 min HIIT treadmill (I’m doing a quick treadmill HIIT as I have to be at the training early today!)

I’ve started a new phase of Female Body Breakthrough and I’m loving it! This phase is really only meant to be done if you’re looking to hone things for an event and is designed to be done 6 times a week. Even though I’m not doing that, the different approach used in this phase is fun and keeps me challenged. It includes complexes where you perform 8 reps of 4 different exercises in quick succession for 4 sets and then another set of exercises where you alter the weight and rep range each workout, for example lower weights x 15 reps or a heavier weight x 5 reps.

This week I seem to have been enjoying my raw foods again, I’ve made quite a few raw based meals:

Photo 07-05-2012 08 04 40Smoothie made with spring greens, pears, frozen blueberries, strawberry hemp protein powder, maca, ground flax, ice and water topped with Dorset Simply muesli

Photo 09-05-2012 08 43 32Smoothie with romaine, frozen banana, courgette, 2 scoops of vanilla sun warrior protein powder, maca, ground flax, ice, water, vanilla stevia topped with roasted salted almonds and dried mixed berries

Photo 09-05-2012 12 32 29Raw lunch: home made raw flax and juice and nut pulp crackers flavoured with oregano, red pepper, cashew and mesquite dip, veggies

Photo 07-05-2012 17 21 35My version of Gena’s Grape, Avocado and Baby Kale Salad with Quinoa / the salad I had last year from this great cafe in Newcastle. Mine included romaine, spinach, quinoa, cooked beets, avocado, red grapes

Photo 07-05-2012 12 09 17Raw courgette noodles, roast red kabocha squash, almond miso sauce

Photo 10-05-2012 12 27 08Big salad with romaine, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, cooked beets, chickpeas, olives and tahini dressing

Photo 07-05-2012 13 50 20Apples, satsumas, pumpkin seeds and dried berries

Photo 09-05-2012 15 03 24Raw cacao chia pudding in a jar (2 tbsp of chia seeds, 1 tbsp of raw cacao powder, stevia, water, shake up and leave in the fridge) and a big organic apple

Photo 09-05-2012 19 13 32Satsumas, dried mulberries (love these!), brazil nuts, Dagoba Lavender and Blueberry Dark Chocolate

Of course there has been a couple of cooked food based meals too:

Photo 10-05-2012 06 50 46Amazing breakfast: oats with strawberries, peanut butter and pretzels! (inspired by Errign)

Photo 09-05-2012 18 10 31Buddha bowl with steamed spring greens and kale, roast red kabocha squash, quinoa, edamame and tahini dressing

All those photo’s are making me hungry!

On the weekend send off Love List this week…

1afa447c97aa11e1a92a1231381b6f02_7Bag: Accessorize, nude court shoes: New Look, blue floral shell top: New Look, Jeans and shorts: Mango

I know I’ve shared some of my purchases from the weekend in my WIAW post but here’s them all including my epic heels. I just love those shoes! I have a party at the end of the month to wear them, I just hope I can learn to walk in them by then! I was quite surprised when I tried these on as it seems that my feet have either shrank or shoe sizes are changing as these are size 7 when I’ve always been a size 8! Also…

James buying me Marina and the Diamonds Electra Heart album as a surprise // being featured on the Re Body blog as a health hero! // thinking about what I have planned for this weekend…

What have you been loving this week? If you do strength training how often do you change up your routine? Do you mix up rep ranges and weights? Have you been enjoying more raw foods as we get into spring?

0 comments:

Post a Comment