jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

New baby!

I am now the proud Auntie of baby Daniel William who was born this evening weighing 7lb 15 ounces. I’m so chuffed, I can’t wait to see him tomorrow!

My word it feels like I haven’t stopped today! I was up nice and early this morning to get a big grocery shop in. When I got back from shopping I made a lovely breakfast – a huge bowl of blackberries and a chopped apple with muesli, hazelnut and almond rice milk and some passion fruit.

CIMG9817 CIMG9818

I also made myself a pot of detox tea. A great start to the day! I received the call to let me know that my Sister had gone into labour so I thought I’d whip up a quick batch of basic ‘baby boy’ cupcakes ready to give her as a gift once the baby had arrived. These are just a very basic recipe from the cookbook I got at Christmas but fingers crossed they taste good. None for me as these aren’t vegan and are full of sugar, I was proud I managed to resist cleaning the bowl out like I usually do!

CIMG9842 CIMG9843

A little while ago I saw a recipe on Choosing Raw and knew that I wanted to try it out. I have been loving this blog recently for interesting recipes. For lunch I made some Cashew Ginger Nori Wraps:

CIMG9822 CIMG9824

I followed the recipe for the cashew pate exactly but just used one cup of cashews. I used ribbons of carrot and cucumber for the filling. The cashew pate is pretty high in calories and fat (good fats though!) but I only used about a third of the mixture for this wrap, and the nori and veggies are very low in calories themselves. I thought they were delicious and the cashew pate is so tasty! I served mine with the leftover carrot and cucumber made into a salad with some pomegranate seeds, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger. Yum!

During the afternoon I cooked up some millet for my grain of the week, roasted lots of veggies, left some almonds soaking ready to make almond milk and made a huge pot of my Leek and Greens Soup. There was a little left after I’d portioned this up ready for the freezer so I had a small bowl.

CIMG9846

A little later after cleaning the flat I made an orange, cucumber, apple and mint juice inspired by a recipe in the Innocent Smoothie recipe book.

CIMG9848

This was fabulous and so refreshing!

Dinner was an awesome salad:

Warm Butternut, Lentil, and Fig Salad (makes 2 servings)

  • I medium butternut squash, peeled, chopped and roasted
  • 1 tin of green lentils, drained and rinsed
  • 2 dried figs, finely chopped
  • 1 bag of salad leaves (I used rocket and mixed leaves)
  • 2 tablespoons of pine nuts, toasted in a pan

Dressing:

  • 2 tablespoons of oil of choice (I used my Cool oil)
  • 1 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
  • chopped basil or parsley

Combine the roast squash and lentils in a bowl. In a separate bowl or jar combine the ingredients for the dressing. Put some of the salad leaves on to a plate or bowl and top with the butternut and lentils then add the dressing and the toasted pine nuts. Enjoy!

CIMG9854 CIMG9855

This was lush! I thought I would miss having a bit of goats cheese or feta in there but I really didn’t. Delish!

Dessert was two chocolate avocado cups from the freezer with a sliced pear, cinnamon and agave syrup drizzle:

CIMG9858

So yummy! I adore these chocolate cups – a great healthy chocolate hit.

Thanks for all your comments regarding sports bras yesterday! Shock Absorber definitely seemed to be most peoples favourite sports bra brand. If anyone is interested Dorothy Perkins are offering £5 off the Shock Absorber range they stock (I hadn’t realised that they stock them!) follow this link for more details.

I really enjoyed making my ‘sushi’ today. Have you ever tried making your own sushi or have you used nori before? I’m going to try using nori for wraps more often instead of bread or my usual egg white wraps. I think it would taste good with hummus and veggies!

I really can’t wait to see my new Nephew tomorrow! Hope your all having a great weekend :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment