jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Christmas eats and treats

Hi everyone, hope you’ve all had a great Christmas! I’ve had a wonderful time and some amazing eats. I’ve also been spoilt rotten with some fantastic presents too.

I’ll begin on Christmas Eve. I started the day with some cardio in the form of Davina’s Super fit plus abs DVD. I then made myself another tasty festive breakfast: sweet mince pie oats with pears, egg whites and vanilla soy milk then topped with a crumbled gingerbread cookie, crystallised stem ginger, soy cream and some multi coloured sugar stars:

CIMG9271

This was possibly the most delicious and pretty bowl of oats I’ve ever had!

I spent the morning making soup for Christmas lunch and preparing some mulled wine. Lunch was a bowl of Kabocha squash soup and two sliced apples. I headed through to my parents and snacked on a slice of wholemeal toast with butter, a banana, an apple and 4 satsumas before visiting one of my best friends then meeting up with the hubby and heading to the pub for a Christmas Eve drink! I didn’t get that lovely top in the end, as I couldn’t justify spending £50 on it – instead I went for my favourite basic grey tee with some sparkly accessories including a black sequined shrug and skinny indigo jeans:

CIMG9287

When we got home I made myself the first of many festive snack plates. This one included 4 oat cakes with bousin garlic cheese, 2 chopped figs, an orange and two squares of amaretto chocolate. I also had two glasses of my amazing mulled wine:

CIMG9290

So lovely!

Then came Christmas Day! We were awake at 6 am to have a truly fabulous breakfast including a toasted wholemeal bagel with light cream cheese, a glass of orange juice, festive fruit plate containing 3 satsumas, 3 figs, pomegranate seeds, passion fruit and Rachel’s Organic Greek Yoghurt with honey plus the best coffee ever – Christmas coffee with vanilla soy milk, agave syrup and a shot of amaretto liqueur:

CIMG9301

CIMG9297

Just perfect. We did the rounds visiting family and then finally got settled at my Mam and Dads and started preparing for lunch. I snacked on 2 satsumas while waiting for lunch, along with a couple of squares of Green and Blacks Maya Gold while decorating my cake. The table was beautifully set:

CIMG9316

We started with some of my Leek and Roastie Soup:

CIMG9320

My main was some of my Veggie Loaf with my maple and honey roasted carrots and parsnips, boiled brussels, my home made cranberry sauce and some gravy:

CIMG9324

The Veggie loaf was wonderful, I’m so glad that I still have a few portions of this left, I can’t wait to eat some leftovers later today!

Dessert was a slice of my Chocolate Orange Cake:

CIMG9333 CIMG9335

This was utterly delicious. The cake had a wonderful fudgey texture, it was perfect. Everyone enjoyed it. We also had a traditional triffle available:

CIMG9332

I was way too stuffed for seconds though! As I was driving I drank POM juice mixed with soda water along side my meal.

For my Christmas Day outfit I had decided to go for a bit of comfort. I bought the striped dress from Warehouse (£28) and teamed it with some grey tights and my beige long cardigan from Zara. I dressed it up with gold accessories – earrings from Orelia @ Topshop, Anchor necklace from Accessorize and Kitty Cocktail ring from Accessorize. I wore gold eye shadow and red lipstick from MAC:

CIMG9337

We were so tired when we got home we had a 2 hour nap! I then tucked into some chips and salsa:

CIMG9348

The chips only ingredients were maize flour, sunflower oil and salt. I also had a couple of sliced apples:

CIMG9351

A little later I enjoyed a couple of margarita cocktails and 3 violet cremes, yum!

CIMG9404

I have been extremely spoilt with lovely presents this year. For a gift between myself and James we bought a Blue Ray DVD player. I bought this fab juicer with money from my Mam and Dad:

CIMG9354

Along with some goodies from tea pigs, beanies coffees and some goodies from Goodness Direct:

CIMG9366CIMG9365 CIMG9360

I also got these cookery goodies including Cath Kidson tins, Nigella Kitchen book, Vegan cookies invade your cookie jar, a cupcake cookbook and a juicing book that came with my juicer plus a kitchen calendar and organiser:

CIMG9381

More chocolates!

CIMG9376

A great pair of running tights and workout top from Adidas:

CIMG9383

Some FCUK make up, smellies, plus a great accessories wall hooks, a diary and a £20 Accessorize voucher:

CIMG9391

A stripy nightie and slipper boots from Accessorize, PJ’s, vintage style under ware set, wool tights and socks:

CIMG9397

We also got a few bottles of red! Its been a really wonderful Christmas and I’ve enjoyed myself so much. I feel truly grateful for everything I’ve received.

There’s now a separate post which I’ve linked back to with all the recipes I’ve used over the last couple of days, they’ve all turned out so beautifully!  I’m happy that I’ve indulged a bit and enjoyed my food but don’t feel like I’ve gone over the top, although I do feel a bit overloaded on sugar! What has been your favourite food over Christmas?

I’ll be back later with my recipes, hope you all have a relaxing Boxing Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment