jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Grocery Shop!

Woke up to our alarm this morning, had to admit we did snooze it a few times! Had a cup of warm water then got straight into Davinas Super Sculpt DVD. After I'd completed that I made myself a big smoothie with frozen blueberries, oats, ground flax, skimmed milk and a scoop of my new vanilla protein powder which tasted really good, it was like drinking a vanilla ice cream float!

After breakfast (and more lazy pottering!) we got ready and headed to my sisters to visit her and my nephew Harry who is 18 months old. He's gorgeous and has a right little personality! After this we headed to our local giant Tescos store for the big grocery shop now that I have been paid. Is it just me, or do other people get supermarket rage? I really think I need to start avoiding supermarkets when they are busy! The hubby wasn't too bad with the rubbish food, he did get a couple of bits and pieces like crisps and frozen chicken burgers but nothing that would tempt me. Heres the stuff we got (minus his crap!)

Salmon, chicken and turkey fillets, skimmed milk, edam cheese, savoy cabbage, courgette, kale, onions, potatoes, leeks, sweet potatoes, apples, peppers, grapes, pears, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, tinned tuna in spring water, red lentils, wholewheat pasta, vanilla flavour rice milk, raisins, flaked almonds, lemon and ginger tea, Womens Health Magazine (US version).

I just love it when you can go to the cupboards and fridge and its full of lovely healthy stuff!

By the time we got back from shopping we were starving so I had a big bowl of leek and potato soup followed by an apple.
After lunch I sat and read my Womens Health magazine which I really enjoyed and was something a bit different from the U.K. health and fitness mags. My copy of In Defense of Food had also arrived along with The Female Body Breakthrough that I had ordered yesterday so I started having a flick through them, really looking forward to sitting down and having a good read of these! For a mid afternoon snack I had a couple of fudge babies and a cup of decaf tea (I only photographed one as the other one was in my mouth before I could even think about it!).
 
I then set about making some Kale Chips. These are another discovery I have made through reading blogs, I loved the idea of something that you could eat like crisps but that was much healthier. I washed a huge pile of kale and dried it with kitchen paper. I then put it into a roasting tin with a tablespoon of garlic flavoured olive oil and plenty of salt (I think I over did it on the salt so will have to remember to watch that next time). I roasted them in the oven at 200c for 30 mins, most of them were lovely and crispy but some were still a bit soggy (but still delicious!). When I make these again (which I definately will be!) I'll cook them for longer on a slightly lower heat. They tasted just like the crispy fried greens you get in chinese buffet restaurants, which are one of my favourites so I was very happy!
For dinner I was in the mood for a lovely fresh chicken stir fry so diced a chicken breast and stir fried it with savoy cabbage, carrot and red pepper with ginger and soy
For desert I had my usual raspberries in hazelnut and almond rice milk
 Drinks - water, green tea, decaf tea, regular tea

Tomorrow I'm going to make a start on cooking up some soups and a chilli to store in the freezer for next weeks lunches and quick evening meals. I'm going to try out a couple of different soup recipes so hopefully they'll work out! I try and plan my meals a week in advance, more to try and reduce waste as with there just being the two of us (and sometimes just cooking for myself) I used to end up chucking a load of stuff out when it hadn't been used up before it went off. I'm also making more use of my freezer to try and help with this although my freezer is fairly small so I can't store to much at once.

Tomorrow is also weigh in day, I'm certainly not expecting a loss but apart from a couple of glasses of red, the peanut butter cups and fudge babies I haven't been too bad this week and even though I've been off I've still kept up with my exercise so fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment