jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Fruit Love and Blogger Meet Up

Hello everyone! Hope you are having a brilliant weekend, mine has been pretty damn good so far :-) After 5 days off the coffee I made up for it yesterday:

Photo 15-09-2012 13 35 25Photo 15-09-2012 10 14 49Americano from Intermezzo and a Soy Vanilla Latte from Starbucks

I don’t see my love of coffee as a bad thing or think that I’m addicted, I just know I feel better when I go a bit easier on it from time to time! Those two where enjoyed in Newcastle, James and I had the morning together looking around the shops and went out for lunch:

PicMonkey Collage1

  • OOTD: wrap around scarf: Dorothy Perkins, silk floral shift dress: French Connection, Army Jacket c/o Next, tan leather cross body bag: Mango, ‘Coffee is good for your brain’ Illustrated Tote bag: Memo Illustrations, black tights: M&S, cream flats: Next
  • Apple, ginger and mint juice and Falafel with hummus and toasted pitta bread from Scrumpy Willow and the Signing Kettle

It was quite chilly first thing and I needed that scarf! It got really warm in the afternoon though and was a perfect day for meeting some bloggers! Maria and Sarah are doing the Great North Run today and we arranged to meet up for cuppa. I took them to Olive and Bean – I had to show them the wall of tea :-)

Photo 15-09-2012 16 01 58

It was great meeting them both! I had met Sarah last year but had never met Maria after what must be over 2 years of reading her blog! They are both as lovely in person as they are online :-) I can’t wait to see how they got on with the race.

Speaking of which, some of you may remember that I was training for the GNR before I decided to quit running. I did feel a pang of sadness that I wouldn’t be running while I was talking to Sarah and Maria about it, but I know that giving up running for the moment was the best decision for me and still is so no regrets! I have to remember I did pretty well when I ran it last year and the year before that!

While I was in town I passed the market and bought more fruit and veg. Is it just me or does there seem to be an abundance of cheap and plentiful fruit right now? There was berries, peaches, plums, figs, melons, pears etc all very cheap. As I have no will power I’ve been buying probably a bit too much of them, however I have no problem eating huge plates full as I have had for breakfast these last two days:

Photo 15-09-2012 08 02 30Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries with almond butter and a green smoothie on the side plus an Earl Grey and Green tea blend

Photo 16-09-2012 07 29 43Figs, plums and nectarines with local honeycomb and tahini (I also went back for more tahini!)

I’ve still got a full fruit bowl and fridge to work my way through! I have also ate the occasional vegetable in the form of steamed broccoli with roast butternut squash, beetroot and red onion with tricolour quinoa, organic feta and parsley:

Photo 14-09-2012 18 08 14

That tricolour quinoa is so much tastier than the plain kind, it has a more nutty flavour so I will certainly be getting that from now on. I’ve ate that meal twice for dinner as its so satisfying.

Last but not least I finished off my jar of Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter:

Photo 16-09-2012 08 12 16

There was a few tablespoons left and I couldn’t help myself eat those up with a spoon, Saturday night treat indeed :-)

How has your weekend been? Anyone else a crazy fruit lady like me? Good luck to all Great North Run Runners!

0 comments:

Post a Comment