jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Experimental breakfast and thoughts on organic

Yoga was brilliant again last night. It was a lot tougher than last weeks class, this week I worked up a bit of a sweat! We did some harder postures including quite a few twists and forward bends. I’m really feeling those DOMS today!

After class I headed to Starbucks for my Chai Latte fix. I also bought a little pot of greek yoghurt with honey and granola to go with my big apple as a post yoga snack.

CIMG7439

I think this also may or may not have contributed to the fact that I got all of three hours sleep last night. I suspect the caffeine may have had something to do with it!

This mornings breakfast was a little experimental. I have loads of muffins in my freezer that need eating up and I wanted to have some for breakfast but as they don’t make the most balanced meal on their own I decided to try something out:

Spiced Muffin Eggy Bread

  • Two small banana, oat and cinnamon muffins
  • 2 egg whites
  • splash of soy milk
  • 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Begin by combining all ingredients apart from the muffins together in a microwaveable bowl. Then crumble the muffins into the egg mix and leave to absorb some of mixture for at least 5 minutes. After 5 minutes microwave on high for around 2 minutes or until the egg mix has set and a little bit of wobble remains in the centre. Serve as it is or with some fruit, jam or nut butter.

CIMG7441 CIMG7442

I’m very glad that this little experiment worked! This tasted really good, just like french toast pudding in a bowl. I served mine with some apple and raspberry compote and a nice cup of hazelnut and cinnamon coffee (I really needed that this morning) Adding the eggs also helps to slow down the release of the sugars in the muffins and helps to keep you feeling fuller for longer.

Lunch was a big salad with spinach, lettuce, beetroot, carrot and organic soft goats cheese followed by a small chopped apple and pear.

CIMG7451 CIMG7452

I haven’t had goats cheese in ages, had almost forgotten how good it tastes!

Mid afternoon I snacked on a sample Cocoa Mint Nakd bar with a mug of green tea.

CIMG7461

Still my favourite Nakd bar by far.

I hit the gym after work for 45 minutes of HIITs, some work on the stability ball and some upper body free weights. I really enjoyed the workout – it left me energised rather than knackered which doesn’t happen very often. It also left me famished so I was thoroughly looking forward to dinner. I had a small portion of brown basmati rice with some slices of basil tofu, crunchy stir fried broccoli and brussel sprouts (love sprouts!) topped off with wonderful spicy peanut sauce (crunchy peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, chilli, ginger and water to thin to pouring consistency)

CIMG7465

Such a satisfying and very filling meal – and completely vegan (The Kind Diet must be infiltrating my mind already!) For desert I had my usual giant bowl of double chocolate protein ice cream topped with a crumbled chocolate cherry cookie from Tam.

CIMG7469

How good does that look! I’ve put the rest of these tasty treats in the freezer so I don’t binge on them.

I didn’t get my Friday food co op box this week as I still have avocados, celeriac, butternut squash and sweet potato left from last week. Yesterday I got a leaflet through the door advertising a new local organic box service. They are holding an event just up the road tomorrow so I might head up and see what it is like. I would love to buy more organic foods but my budget just doesn’t stretch. The boxes this company sell aren’t too expensive and I’m wondering if I could perhaps just get one organic seasonal veg box a month to go along with my food co op boxes. Do you buy organic? Do you believe that organically grown food is better for you?

I’m so glad that the weekend is here. Tomorrow I’m going to walk into Durham for a browse around the shops and market, then off to see my friends in the afternoon before roasting lots of veggies for dinner. Sunday I want to fit in a run and visit parents before me and the hubby head off to see a blues guitarist in Newcastle. What do you have planned for your weekend? Hope you’ve had a good week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment