jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Day in London and Wholefoods haul

Yesterday I was off down to London for the My Special K website event. I’ll post more about the actual event and website next week (as I have lots of notes to go through and lots of my thoughts to tell you!) but I just wanted to catch up with some of my eats, and of course a Wholefoods haul!

I won’t post pics of Thursdays eats as they weren’t that interesting – chocolate banana green monster for breakfast, lentil and root veg stew with greens plus two plums and an apple for lunch, broccoli, courgette and olive hummus with a RAW cracker, carrot and cucumber for a snack and then as I had a late meeting, just 2 packs of bear granola and many many apples for dinner! I also did yoga and core exercises in the morning.

Friday morning I was up at 5am to catch the early train to London. I was going to have a 9 bar for breakfast but then I remembered that there’s sugar in the carob topping (not inline with my monthly kick start plan!) so I swapped it for a Berry Trek bar which I ate along with two apples and a green tea.

cameraroll-1295090729.288501

When I got to London I had some time for a bit of a look around and passed the Wholefoods branch in Soho – I decided to pop in and get a fresh juice:

cameraroll-1295090700.379379

This was a small Green Machine juice and it tasted amazing!

After the Special K website presentation we went to the Sanctuary Spa for lunch and our pampering session. All I can say is oh my god, if you ever get the chance to go to the Sanctuary Spa go, it was amazing! Here’s a quick pic I caught of the reception area. The place was beautiful:

cameraroll-1295090635.047377

I asked for the vegan option and got some roasted vegetables with avocado and rocket on a white bagel. I left the bagel but the roast veggies were delicious!

cameraroll-1295090684.858776

After a couple of hours in the spa including a dip in the Jacuzzi and sauna plus a fabulous back, neck and shoulder massage, I made the journey to the big Wholefoods on Kensington High Street. I snacked on some unpictured nakd raisins I had in my bag as I was feeling a little light headed after the sauna! Here’s what I purchased from Wholefoods:

CIMG0010 Spelt pizza bases, wheat berries, orange and coconut tea, kukicha tea, organic Japanese shoyu, tempeh

CIMG0014 Siesta carob bars in mint and orange flavour, pulsin raw chocolate brownie, Broadberys rose flavour raw chocolate, crunchy peanut butter clif bar, booja booja raw chocolate truffles

CIMG0019Raw cacao nibs, organic mesquite meal, organic maca, braggs liquid aminos, sunflower seed butter, raw brazil nut cacao bliss, spirutein sachets

These are all random bits and pieces that caught my eye that I’ve read about in other blogs or in cook books and fancied trying out. Unfortunately there was no Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter (the horror!) so the raw brazil nut cacao bliss caught my eye instead and actually looks pretty damn tasty! Really looking forward to eating my way through this lot!

I also hit the infamous salad bar. I went for the biggest box available (obviously) and filled it with a range of stuff including chickpeas, wild rice, quinoa, couscous, edamade, carrots, cucumber, red lettuce, sweet potato, mung beans, spinach, rocket, curried cauliflower, pumpkin seeds, olive oil and braggs. This was a true salad beast. I ate half at Wholefoods and the other half on the train.

cameraroll-1295090650.520938 cameraroll-1295090639.704045

I enjoyed every single bite! I also picked up a pot of mixed berries and pineapple which I ate on the train home along with two unpictured apples and a banana bread nakd bar.

cameraroll-1295090602.707115

All in all a very good day. I found the whole experience very interesting and it was especially nice to meet fellow bloggers Becky from Becky Blog and Helen from Clear Your Heart amongst others. I’ve been reading Becky’s blog for a while and it felt like we already knew each other! I also got on really well with Helen. I have to say that the girls from Kelloggs were very lovely too.

Have you been to a spa before? If so what was your favourite thing to do? I loved the deep clean I got from the sauna! Have you visited Wholefoods before?

Tomorrow will be Keeping Slim and Getting Stylish 1 year anniversary! I will be posting details of a celebratory GIVEAWAY including some of my favourite products plus some new things to try, so don’t forget to check back!

Hope your having a great weekend! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment