jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

WIAW–Veggie Count

Hi everyone, hope your having a great week! I’m just busy trying to get back into a routine after being on holiday last week. Coming back to reality sucks but I do like to have a routine, and being able to be home and make my favourite green smoothies has been great. After a few days I had a serious craving for greens! I love that WIAW has a theme this month, I kind of missed it last week with me being away so but I’m definitely up for it now, goodness knows I love my veggies! I thought it would be interesting to do a portion count of how many veggies I eat in a day. These are my eats from yesterday:

Peas and Crayons

I was back to my usual Tuesday routine so got up early to get in a quick yoga podcast before work. I did the 20 minute Yoga for Runners and boy did I need it, I was feeling so stiff! After that I had my warm water with lemon juice, got ready and decided to celebrate my recipe being in the new release of Kris Carr’s e book Crazy Sexy Juices and Succulent Smoothies by starting the day with a big green juice!

CIMG2784

This was 1 cucumber, 1 head of romaine lettuce, 4 stalks of celery, kale stems, ginger and lemon (3 portions of veg) it tasted lovely! I’ll promise I’ll stop going on about Crazy Sexy Juices and Smoothies but I’m just so excited! Seeing my name in amongst others like Gena Hamshaw and Chad Sarno is just crazy. I got my copy of the e book last night and it is really fab, I have loads of ideas for tasty juices and smoothies I can’t wait to enjoy. In addition to the juice I decided to use some sunflower seed milk I’d made the night before in a matcha green tea latte:

CIMG2788

I’d made the milk using sunflower seeds (1/2 cup soaked 8 hours, drained, rinsed and blended with 2 cups of filtered water then strained) and added some lucuma powder and vanilla stevia drops for sweetness. It frothed up pretty well!

CIMG2793

I also took all my supplements and drank a couple of cups of green tea. Once I’d settled in at work I had breakfast no 2. I really enjoyed the simple breakfasts I’d had in Brighton of just fruit with nut butter for spreading so I made one again:

CIMG2797

This was 1 large banana, 2 apples, a bowl of cherries and about 3 tbsp raw dark tahini and honey for spreading along with a mug of chai green tea, I just love spreading the nut butter on the banana:

CIMG2805

Nom!!!! That raw dark tahini tastes amazing!

For lunch I had a bowl of Kabocha and Adzuki Bean Stew which was leftover from the weekend, accompanied by some of my home made almond and rosemary raw crackers:

CIMG2808

Delish! (about 2 portions of veg)

Before I left work for the gym I snacked on some dried prunes and apricots for a little pick me up:

CIMG2816

It was the usual Tuesday evening gym session of 20 minutes of HIIT on the cross trainer and bike followed by my Body Pump class which was my first in two weeks. I decided to try and stick with my usual weights and it was tough!

Once I got home I fixed a tasty dinner of baked tempeh with stir fried veggies:

CIMG2779

I’m just in love with tempeh at the moment. I’d marinated it in shoyu, honey, ground ginger and garlic powder then baked for 30 minutes at 200c flipping once. This was actually baked on Monday night so all I had to do was warm it back up. The stir fry included broccoli, courgette, carrot, red cabbage and spring greens which I just added a little fresh ginger and shoyu for flavour (at least 3 portions of veg).

While we were watching TV after dinner I snacked on a couple of jazz apples:

CIMG2821

Then later on I fancied something chocolaty so made up some double chocolate protein pudding by mixing a scoop of chocolate sun warrior protein powder with water and swirling in a chocolate sauce made from raw cacao powder, agave syrup and water then topped it all off with some cacao nibs and gojis:

CIMG2827

I also made a delicious chocolate mint rooibos tea:

CIMG2829

I love that tea, it has such a good flavour and reminds me a bit of the Teapigs chocolate flake tea but caffeine free!

So I think I had a fairly veggie packed day, I had at least 8 portions of veg including:

  • Cucumber
  • Celery
  • Romaine
  • Kabocha Squash
  • Broccoli
  • Red cabbage
  • Carrot
  • Courgette

I love eating a variety of veggies! I think I probably must average about 7-8 portions of veg a day, sometimes more if I’m having a green smoothie plus a salad. I know that when it comes to my leafy greens I don’t feel quite right after a few days of not having them!

How many portions of veg do you tend to eat in an average day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment