jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Learning to follow your bliss

I mentioned in last Friday’s post that I’d had one of those days where I’d done a lot of deep thinking. I thought about what my priorities in life are, which direction my life is going in and ultimately what is going to make me happy, you know nice light hearted topics like that ;-)

I’ve found that a couple of times a year I get these occurrences of very intense deep thoughts which at the time can feel quite uncomfortable (usually because I’m facing some home truths), but ultimately are very positive and help me to move my life forward. I have a bad habit of putting big changes into effect and then gradually starting to let them slide, forgetting about them and coasting along until the shit hits the fan.

Strangely enough I’ve had a lot more of these ‘deep thoughts’ since I’ve become more healthy. I think that since I’ve lost weight, improved my diet and achieved things I never thought I’d physically and mentally be able to do, its made me more confident, ambitious and determined to follow my dreams.

Last week I had some major realisations. I won’t bore you by going too in depth into them, but here’s a few things I discovered:

  • No matter how much I want to be I am not Super Woman and can’t do everything
  • I need to prioritise my time according to what is ultimately going to make me happiest and help me to achieve my goals
  • I really need to sort my finances out once and for all
  • Deep down, a big part of me is scared I’m just not good enough to achieve my goals
  • Deep down, a big part of me is flicking the V’s at the other part of myself that thinks I’m not good enough because I can achieve anything I set my mind to god damn it!

The upshot of much of this is that I’m considering handing back the keys for the allotment because I don’t realistically have the time or money to put into it, cancelling my organic veg box delivery because I can’t afford it, and generally giving myself a kick up the arse when it comes to spending money (ironic I know considering what I spent in Brighton). I’m also determined to make some major progress with my business plan for my holistic health coaching for communities ideas no matter how scared I am that I might ultimately fail, because remember, I can do anything I set my mind to right?

Like I said, although uncomfortable to begin with, I need to have these deep thoughts to push me forward because they help me to focus on following my bliss.

source

‘If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Wherever you are—if you are following your bliss, you are enjoying that refreshment, that life within you, all the time’

I truly believe that by pursuing the things in life that light me up and make me happy I’ll be ok in the end. Sometimes though, you need to be able to identify those things that make you happy. Here’s some things that have helped me:

  • Writing this blog!
  • Journaling – sometimes I just write. I don’t set out to write about anything in particular I just get a pen and some paper and write whatever comes into my head.
  • Using mind maps – I like them to help sort out my thoughts and generally organise myself!
  • Yoga – I guess it sounds a bit clichéd that yoga helps with enlightenment but because I’m useless at meditating its one of the only things I can do that helps to quieten my mind.

How good are you at following your bliss? Do you use any tools to help you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment