jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

WIAW: (Almost) Perfect Pancakes

Hi everyone, hope your having a great week! I can’t believe its Wednesday already. I thought I’d give you another weekend WIAW for a change, these are my eats and goings on from last Sunday.

As always click on the link above to check out all the other WIAW’s and join the party!

I had a nice lie in until 8am and made myself the usual lemon juice and warm water and ate a banana for gym fuel:

CIMG2707

I headed to the gym for it opening at 9. I had been planning on running on the treadmill for 30 minutes but after 15 minutes I was losing the will to live so switched it up and did 30 minutes on the bike set to random. Then it was off to Kettle bells! After that I came home, got showered and made an incredible breakfast:

CIMG2714

Pancakes! I haven’t made pancakes in ages, these were chocolate protein pancakes with fresh blueberries, peanut flour sauce and maple syrup, holy yum! I made the pancakes with 1/4 cup of chocolate hemp protein powder, 1/4 cup of spelt flour, 1 tsp of baking powder and 3/4 cup of kara coconut milk. They turned out really well although I made them too big so they broke in half while flipping, still they tasted amazing! I also had a cup of amaretto coffee with kara coconut milk and stevia:

CIMG2715

After that I was off out to do the rounds – I visited my two best friends where I drank copious amounts of green tea and we had a great catch up it, was so good to see them and we started to make 30th Birthday celebration plans! Then it was off to see my Grandma and then to my Mam and Dad’s before coming home. I was pretty hungry by the time I got back and since I had some veg in the fridge that needed eating up I decided to make an epically massive green smoothie:

CIMG2718

This contained kale, spring greens, 1/2 avocado, 1 pink lady apple, strawberry hemp protein powder, maca powder, midori greens, 3 chlorella tablets, matcha green tea, ground flax, water, ice, vanilla stevia and then I went a bit mental with the toppings and added raw shoyu ‘roasted’ almonds, roast salted edamame, raisins, dried mixed berries, goji berries and bee pollen. It was gorgeous and sorted my hunger out a treat.

Later for dinner I had some baked tofu (tofu that had been frozen and defrosted then marinaded in shoyu, maple syrup, mirin, ginger powder and garlic powder) swede chips, roast brussel sprouts, steamed purple sprouting broccoli and ketchup:

CIMG2720

That tofu was spot on, I love it baked until crispy like that! Later on I wanted an evening snack / dessert but couldn’t decide what to have so made a mini snacking plate:

CIMG2726

A sliced pink lady apple, tahini with thyme honey swirled in, Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter and some The Raw Chocolate Company plain raw chocolate plus a Cosy Camomile tea.

All in all a great day of eats!

I was glad I decided to make pancakes again, I used to make protein pancakes on a regular basis when I was eating more eggs but I just got out of the habit. Those turned out so well and are so easy to make I have no excuse not to make them more regularly. How often do you have pancakes? When I was younger we only ever had pancakes on Shrove Tuesday, I think its a shame so many people only have them once a year! What’s your favourite pancake recipe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment